Ipod Touch Constantly freezes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jam3sxc, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Jam3sxc

Jam3sxc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello. I have an iPod 2g MC model 4.0.2 firmware. It was jailbroken with the Jailbreakme Jailbreak with 4.0 firmware. It started crashing all the time. Everytime I would go into a app or change any settings like WiFi etc. The only way to fix it is my holding the Home button and the Power button. Then i can unlock it and start using the device but when i go into an app it will crash. Sometimes it does work and i can use the app but when I exit it will crash. I First updated to 4.0.2 and it Didn't stop. Then I just Restored it to factory settings and I still get the problem.

I recently dropped and cracked my iPod touch's screen. Could it have anything to do with that. Did I damage something when i drop it?
  2. oHmYgAtoS963

oHmYgAtoS963 Banned

you probaly damaged the insides of the ipod touch. If you still have your warrant on your ipod take it back to apple or where ever your warranty is from. i'd do a few more restores to make sure they dont know your jailbroken.
  3. iThemesAndMore

iThemesAndMore New Member

You mite need to replace your iPod. Take it to Apple and see what they say.
  4. Jam3sxc

Jam3sxc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks guys. Another weird thing is when I play music and just turn off the sound it won't crash at all. As soon as I turn it off and go into an app it will crash any ideas?
  5. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ummm u cant jailbreak 4.0.2 idiot
  6. Jam3sxc

Jam3sxc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Clearly states I was on 4.0 then i updated to fix ipod.