Ipod touch connection problems with docks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oREDxBULLo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. oREDxBULLo

oREDxBULLo New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    So I am having some problems with my Ipod touch connecting to my docking station(s). For some reason it seems to be able to charge and "beep" to signify it's connected, but all I hear is really faint static when I play music or any sound comes out. I tried 2 different docking stations and they both failed. The usb works fine, it charges fine, but it cannot play the music for some reason when I put it on the dockin station. Again, if I turn the docking and Ipod volume all the way up, all I hear is a staticy chirping sound (for lack of better words).

So I don't know what to do! I use my docking station almost none stop when I am home and I am not a fan of always having ear buds in to listen to music. If youu guys have any ideas, please let me know.

EDIT: I just tried listening to music with earbuds and that doesn't work either, all I hear is the staticy sound when I turn the volume up!! Do I need to send it is and exchange it or something?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump, anyone have anyideas? It can read the ipod touch and play music on itunes off of it just fine, but it will not play music on docking stations or over earbuds.
  2. greenbank

greenbank New Member

Jul 6, 2009
    my ipod tough 2g has the same problem. any help out there???????????

Please Register or Log in to view images