iPod Touch connecting to Wifi but not internet

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by ANTIfusion, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ANTIfusion

ANTIfusion New Member

I know I am not the only one out there from what I have seen on the apple discussion forms
    I will state my problem plainly. My iPod is connecting to my closed, hidden, WPA2, Time Capsule network but it will not connect to the internet. However at other Wifi locations the internet does work.
    If someone could explain this problem to me it would be greatly appreciated. I am getting a little ticked at apple cause their own time capsule won't work with their own ipod.
  2. kackazn123

kackazn123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea happen to me to it only shows ip and subnet address no router or dns so i cant use internet any help anyone?
  3. surajk

surajk New Member

the same thing happens to me.........the best way to solve this is to click the the 'forget network' icon and let the ipod detect ur router again then it will work........it always works out for me
  4. Romanee

Romanee New Member

If all else fails, call in Apple support, you do have it under warranty, right?
  5. agoch

agoch New Member

hi! the same thing is happening to me, i can go on internet in my work wifi, but when i get home, it connects to it, but internet doesn't work.. i'm gonna try to contact my internet provider
    i tried restarting the router and forgetting the connection, but that didn't work..
    could it be because my router is quite old? anyone heard about this before?
    thanks!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    yeeeeeeeeeeeees
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
    yessssssssss
    yeeeeeeeeeees
    finally, after about 5 hours of browsing websites trying to find a solution to this common problem (i wasn't able to go on internet with my home wifi eventhough ipod comes out as connected)
    this is what i did:
    i turned the wifi off
    then i turned it on, and i put my ssid name as network name and my wep number as password (they both appear on the bottom of your router)
    it works now! i'm soo happy
    i hope this works for you too!
    (btw, i have an ipod touch 2g with the update 2.2)
    good luck!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Miszlokita

Miszlokita New Member

My ipod touch connect to WiFi but not to the internet

well i have an iPod Touch 2G i don't know what to do it connects to WiFi but when i go to the internet it says its not connected so i have no idea what to do. Can somebodyy help ME PLEASE
  7. kwed8762

kwed8762 Guest

OMG

WOW, after 2 months of frustration, throwing my ipod countless times, and dealing with condescending apple employees, i finnaly found the fix. BTW, when you have a problem, post the fix online, it is incredibly frustrating to not know how to fix an ipod. anyways, when you type in the password for your internet (on settings, not safari) and the password is wrong, the ipod shows the signal strength bar and says you're connected to the internet. FIX- Go to your router settings (put ip adress in your adress bar) log into it. default setting are username Admin and leave the password blank. then in wireless settings, choose to add a device using wps (sp?) choose manual and it will give you the WEP code. go to safari on your ipod, select your network, and type in that WEP code. your welcome. screw apple.
  8. Applejailbreaker

Applejailbreaker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you sure you're paying for you're broadband for you Modem/Wi-fi??
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I tried the unconnecting thing and then it still didn't work. it works on the safari but not on the AppStore, iTunes, or YouTube
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

U guyz u need to go to setting then genrel go to bottom then click reset then reset network settting then go to ur computer go to start click run type in command then all the setting for ip addres,and all that is there