iPod Touch Compatible with xbox 360?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by botchok5, Dec 25, 2007.

1. botchok5

botchok5 New Member

I dont know if theres something wrong with my iPod Touch or its not compatible with the xbox 360, I used to listen to my music through my old iPod Classic, Shuffle and Nano and those all worked with the xbox 360, but the iPod touch doesnt. Is it meant to be like this? is there anything I need to do in order for it to work on the xbox 360?
  2. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

all the other ipods had hard drives but the touch has flash memory and the xbox isnt compatible with flash memory
  3. botchok5

botchok5 New Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhh NOOOOoooOOOO.... LOL this cant be happening its gonna be back to USB memory stick days!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, hockeycraze12000 isn't correct... it has nothing to do with hard drive vs. flash memory. The iPod shuffle & iPod nano are flash as well, but they should work. The problem is the iPod Touch and iPhone are using an entirely complete operating system and thus do not currently support Disk Mode.

Rumors are abounding that Apple will update and add the functionality, but no guarantees. I myself doubt it since it might be difficult without exposing the entire operating system. Last thing Apple needs is Grandpa Joe with his new iPod Touch accidentially deleting the entire operating system to "free up space" for his music...
  5. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Has this problem been solved???....I downloaded a update from my marketplace on xbox live but still nothing helps...My xbox is not recognizing my itouch..Please help
  6. TrckySki123

TrckySki123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude
    wtf is an itouch
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It won't be "fixed" until disk mode is enabled on the iPod Touch/ iPhone.
  8. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Sorry if Im late for the party on this one but is when is the "disk mode" going to be enabled??...Meaning any word on it.....I was disapointed finding out I cant play my music thru my xbox
  9. TrckySki123

TrckySki123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its all part of apples scheme for world domination

they are gonna invent something called the Qrectangularprism, and do you know what it will be able to do? you guessed it, play music from an ipod touch. and make popcorn
  10. mpappa31

mpappa31 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ipod as adapter

well while on the topic of ipods and xboxs do any of you think it would be possible to use a ipod as a xbox 360 wirless adapter. i mean if you dont know already you can use a laptop as wireless adapter.....but my thought would be to plug the ipod in and use its wifi and then connect to xbox live through that. do you think its possible?