ipod touch coffee

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GarnetNGold, Jan 7, 2008.

1. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i just spilled coffee on my touch and i am getting a white screen what should i do it is also jailbroken so idk i get the warrenty
  2. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

That would be water damage, which is not covered.
  3. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Sorry, man. You're screwed. Apple ignores jailbroken iPod touchs. Walking into an Apple Store with a fried touch asking for help is like going into the Apple store with a zune and needing help....

Please Register or Log in to view images

Not funny, I know. But I'm serious. Not much you can do in your situation.
  4. GarnetNGold

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    how will they find out it is frozen
  5. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it coule just be something wrong with the screen but the whole device still works try restoring it by putting it into recovery mode (holding both buttons for 25 seconds i think, search for it)and then plugging it into itunes then fllowing the itunes instructions. you shouldnt need to see the screen to do that. if that works your ipod will be ust like ew and you can clean it up and return it saying that it came that way and the screen never worked to begin with.

thats the case only if its just the screen though, sorry.
  6. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Dry it up. You a hair blower/dryer just don't put it on high. Wait 24 hours til turning it on again. I did this to my cellphone and my cellphone works til today. After 24 hours, turn it on then if you still see the white screen or it won't go to the home screen, plug-it in to your computer then force restore it. It may not be possible with the iPod but at least try. Otherwise get yourself a new iPod.
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Warranty: Forget it. Besides jailbreaking, there is a piece of litmus paper in the headphone jack that turns orange if the unit gets water damaged. That's assuming that the liquid reaches the headphone jack though, but if it did, they'll know and won't honor the warranty.

Also, a blowdryer likely won't do any good unless you can disassemble the iPod to expose it to the air to help evaporate the liquids. Even then I'd hope that the coffee was black, otherwise the solids in the milk/cream and liquefied sugar will coagulate and stick to the components.
  8. GarnetNGold

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    typing this from my Ipot and it works perfectly I left so the battery ran out then put it on my ihome to charge and I came home from school and It had full battery.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Branbrans

Branbrans New Member

nice to see you got it working
  10. GarnetNGold

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ty and yea i had an ipod photo and it broke from water damage 3 times before i was bored and took it apart