Ipod touch charge port and headphone port not working properly!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spacely, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Spacely

Spacely New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok i dont know what the problem is. I dont think the ports at the bottom are aligned properly anymore. If you look at it it seems as if nothing is wrong but in order for my ipod touch to charge the wire in the port has to be positioned a certain way. I know its not the wire because even my friends newly acquired wire will not work unless aligned a certain way in the port. also when i use my headphones audio will only play through one speaker. i thought my headphones were messed up until i figured out that this also has to be aligned a certain way for audio to play from both speakers. i would have to bend the headphone and charging piece downwards, which will make the metal piece within the ipod tilt up in order for it to work properly. if you understand what im trying to say do you know of a solution or what the problem could be. there is no apple store around me and its been bought a year ago so idk if my warranty is void or not but even so i would rather not send it in first. thanks in advance
  2. yiday

yiday New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    change a new headphone
  3. Spacely

Spacely New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no the headphone is fine...i can plug it into my laptop or someones elses ipod and both speakers will play fine without a problem...something is wrong with the alignment within my ipod touch i believe
  4. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Take into apple and get a quote. Probly not fixable
  5. Spacely

Spacely New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is no apple store around here...thats why i wanted to know of a solution...maybe this has happen to someone else and with a little tweak they got it back to how its supposed to be
  6. feelingleftout

feelingleftout Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm not sure about the charging, but you could always get a bluetooth headset. My headphone port started acting up, and I got a bluetooth headset and haven't had any problems since.
  7. Spacely

Spacely New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    goooooood idea with the bluetooth headset...i might try that out...but that wont make any difference if i cant even charge my ipod now
  8. feelingleftout

feelingleftout Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Can you maybe post a pic of the bottom ports? Maybe you would be able to shim it with something to at least charge it.
  9. Spacely

Spacely New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cant get a clear shot of it...it comes out dark
  10. feelingleftout

feelingleftout Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, if you could shim it maybe to get it to charge and buy a bluetooth headset, that would be a cheap option. Otherwise, I would just buy a new ipod touch if you have the money. Sorry.