iPod Touch Cases/Skins/Accessory Review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by joshuat, Dec 10, 2008.

1. joshuat

joshuat New Member

Case-Mate Signature Leather for the iPod Touch 1G

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just got the case mate signature leather case for the ipod touch and all i have to say is Wow!! What a great and simple case for the ipod touch. The case mate signature case is a leather case whch comes in either black or red that has a very strong hard shell with it, (and it is actually pretty hard for a leather case). Though this leather case is very hard, i was still a little bit frightened in dropping my ipod because the top of the case is fully opened and has nothing on it that prevents the ipod touch from sliding out, and i must say that the case is not too tight. I acctualy had a ocasion where i pulled the case out of my pocket upside down with the ipod still in my pocket.

Other than that, this case has a very soft and smooth Napa leather over the hard shell. But on the red signature leather case it has a more plastic frictous feeling on the leather and is less soft. I believe this is because the red color is some how printed over the Napa leather. It is stil good but i personally preffer the black over the red. Because the leather is so soft i somtimes found my self leaving minor markings on the case, but if you were to scratch the signature leather RED case, you may have been able to take off some of the paint.

Overall the sleep/on/off button, headphone jack and charger port on the ipod touch have great and easy accesability, but one thing i did not like about the case was the cut outs. The auto brightness cut out had alot of bits left over from the molding proccess and the leather was a bit torn in some areas of the circle which i found right out of the box. Also, on the inside cut out for the ipod's screen, there were also little tears in the leather at the corners of the screen cutouts which i found right out of the box.

The case mate signature leather case for the ipod touch comes with a useful cleaning cloth and a screen protector for the price of $5.99, and was marked down from $29.99. Honestly, if i had paid $29.99 for this case i would have only given it a 6.9/10 for the few flaws that it had. But since case mate made the right decision in marking it down to $5.99 i give this case a 8.5/10 because it totally protects your ipod touch and makes it look great, making it totally worth it.

If you are interested in purchasing this case you can visit http://www.case-mate.com/ipod/ipodtouch for the case mate signature leather case for the ipod touch, or any other case from case mate.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nice review but I've removed the link in your thread title because if you're just coming here to advertise your website and it's reviews, it's not going to happen.
  3. joshuat

joshuat New Member

sorry.. where shud i post things related to this article then!!