Ipod Touch Cases[Problems with them]

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by fckinfamous, Dec 6, 2008.

1. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I just got back from talking to a buddy of mine who works at apple down in Staten Island Mall, and i was asking him a few questions, but mostly questions based on the home button (my main interest as of right now

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and i was asking him what mostly causes these home buttons to stop working out of nowhere, and he said "people who use cases normally have problems like that but mostly people who use cases other then the ones apple makes, mainly because some of these cases have something covering the home button which forces you to push the case covering the home button and causes the home button to eventually get stuck in there".

Please Register or Log in to view images

That really shocked me, i was like no way but it actually seems a little true?
  2. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

That is not true at all
  3. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yea kind of stumbled upon that theory of his.
  4. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

hmm im hoping thats incorrect cause the case i ordered (speck pixel skin case ipod touch 2g) it covers the home button and i found that amazing cause it offers more protection
  5. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you keep pressing your home button harder, it will break. I found that out myself. The thing is, I never used a case that covered the home button...
  6. iPodiction

iPodiction New Member

It's partially true but not for the reason they stated. It will vary from case to case, and you can still break the home switch without a case. It all has to do with how hard you press down on the button. It can only take so much force, and then it will eventually break. Covering up the button with certain cases would force the user to press harder, but the case itself cannot break the button. A rubber or silicon case shouldn't cause any issues, but a poorly made leather case could.