iPod Touch Case Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ccy656, Dec 6, 2008.

1. ccy656

ccy656 New Member

OK so I went to radio shack to get an ipod touch 2g for my girlfriend. I bought the 16 gig and got a free ihome clock radio on black friday. I got it cased in the invisible shield Then I learned about live.com's deal and immediately sold the 16 gig and the already installed invisible shield to my mom (to give to my sister for xmas) minus the value of the ihome, which I am keeping to give to my sister myself. I then got a 32 gb touch on ebay, which came out to 286 after cashback. (great deal!!)

So now I have yet another iPod touch that is not in a case. I'll explain my girlfriend's habits. She likes cases at first but eventually doesn't use them because like a lot of people she starts to like the naked feel of the device - and the thrill of having a brand new baby wears off. That would be fine, and invisible shield would be a no-brainer. But she is also kind of clumsy - less clumsy with things she cares about and is trying hard not to break - but still clumsy nonetheless. So do I go with another case that she may end up not using anyway in the long run, or do I go w/ invisible shield, which she will actually use (it's stuck to the ipod) and that will prevent scratches. How delicate is this ipod touch 2g? She isn't clumsy enough to destroy an ipod 5g as she never put my old one in a case and nothing ever happened to it.

I know some of you might say go with both...get an invisible shield and put it in a case (silicone), but if I were to do that, what is the best case that invisible shield could find inside of? I hate to save money and then go wasting money on two cases lol
  2. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i like the feel of naked things too..... : ) lol jk

welll... the front of an ipod touch is unscracthable(not unbreakable) but unscratchable.....while the back of the iPod is hella scratchable and stuff.. if u want the iPod to be perfectly clean i suggest you get a simple screen protector for the back of your iPod..a silicone case will protect your iPod but will ALWAYS stretch or wear out..meaning u will want to buy another one... i think u shud get a MARWARE Case because they come with a screen protector for the front AND back and also comes with a highquality silicone case
  3. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The screen is quite scratchable actually. Look at this topic. I would reccomend the Naked Case, which protects the screen and the back. You can also see through it, and it's quite thin. There was a review for it, go look around in the Accessory forum.