Ipod Touch - Car Deck - Video Out?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TSSPat, Jun 15, 2008.

1. TSSPat

TSSPat New Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Hey guys, im upgrading my sound system in my Mazda Protege 5.
    heres a picture of set-up at the time of post.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So heres how its set up.

Pioneer Deck with an external LCD monitor.

The LCD monitor has two video ins, one is hooked up to my PS2, and with the second i want to hook up my iPod Touch to it.

After thinking about the setup for a week straight i have thought of three possible options on how to do this.

Version 1:
    Now here is my thinking, i need a new Deck with multiple RCA in, one for my PS2, and one for my Ipod Touch. All i need is a Ipod Composite Cable to hook the Touch up to the car audio through the deck, and the LCD monitor through the Video In. Also with the Composite cable i can hook the USB up to my car adapter to charge the Ipod at the same time.

Version 2: (which im not sure will work :S)
    Buy a new "Ipod Ready" decks, with the Ipod integration and all that jazz, (you know what im talking about, the ipod-like scroll menus, albums art, etc.) The deck would also need a Video Out port to run to the external LCD monitor. Now this would be a more attractive option since id have interaction with my Deck as well as the LCD.

Version 3: (sorta a hybrid of #1 and #2, dont know if this will work)
    So then i had this idea. Why not buy the Composite cable, and just plug it into a "Ipod Ready" car deck, this way the deck doesnt need a Video Out (which is pretty rare in non-dvd decks) and at the same time have control over my Ipod through my deck. This would be the best option if i could do it.

Composite Cable (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129LL/A)

So, does anyone know if this is possible, (Version 2 or 3)? Can you suggest any Decks for me to check out? I appreciate any and all help.