iPod Touch cant connect...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by link07, Oct 30, 2010.

1. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPod Touch cant connect... [FIXED]

My iPod Touch wont connect to iTunes, or tinyunbrella, windows does reconise it (with the ding ding, and it shows the picture inports, and it charges it!) I deleted some cydia apps and it still wont work, i would restore but I cant because it wount reconize it!

EDIT: I have also reinstalled itunes as well!
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Plug it in. Wait ten minutes. It needs to install drivers for the device if ts the first time plugging it in. If you hear the "ding ding" then the computer has read it. Just wait for he drivers to be installed. Sometimes it has to reinstall for some reason.
  3. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok, I've plugged it into this computer again, but ill try it!

EDIT: I went into device manager, and uninstalled the apple usb connecter, replugged in my ipod, it went ding ding, reinstalled the driver, poped up with the inport pictures, and then nothing!

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT2: itunes still does not find it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    When you reinstalled iTunes, did you uninstall first? If you didn't, uninstall iTunes then install it again. It might be the Apple device manager program isn't working properly. This can only be fixed if iTunes is uninstalled before reinstalling it.
  5. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it with the 64bit installer (yes, I have a 64bit computer!)
    I also uninstalled(or removed) Apple Usb driver and iPod Driver in the device manager! (I then pluged in my ipod and it reinstalled them)
  6. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Maybe it's your computer, or the iPod itself. Have you tested it on other computers in your house? Or a different USB port? If it doesn't work on another computer it's the iPod. If it works on another computer it's your computer. If it works when you put it into a different USB port its the USB port. Also, if you are using a USB splitter, those don't work too well, they split the speed of one USB port so the process could take 4 times as long (a 10 minute wait to install drivers becomes 40). Do use a splitter.
  7. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm not using a splinter, Ive tried different ports, and I know it works on my computer because I've used this computer before, I also forgot to add that my sister's ipod touch 2g wont come up ether!
    (Which makes me think it's my computer...)
  8. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just to make sure you have the latest version of itunes right?
  9. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also, connect your ipod.

Then open itunes and go to help -> diagnostics.

Follow steps and try to find out why exactly it wont detect.
  10. sudadoda

sudadoda Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What you need to do is you need to go to task manager and see if the ipodhelper, ituneshelper, or something along those lines is running. Then, Go to services and make sure that ipodservice.exe is running. Restart the service, then plug your itouch back in and it should work.