iPod Touch can't back-up & WiFi cutting off.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by pyroxp7, Oct 6, 2008.

1. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I had recently jailbroken my iPod Touch with PwnageTool, and everything went find. All apps are working. There are a couple of problems that I had experienced. When jailbroken, and plugged into my iMac through iTunes, iTunes reads my iPod Touch (meaning I can transfer music, photos, etc.) but usually when it syncs, the iPod Touch is usually back-up. But now, it says "iPod Touch disconnected, cannot back-up", but I can still transfer things even though it's NOT disconnected.

Another problem I want to address is that my WiFi tends tocut off more than usual, before it was jailbroken.

Does anyone know how to solve these 2 problems? Hopefully the first problem? Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. rome2ng

rome2ng New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks , i second to this too,

anyone with the same problem ???
  3. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Thish happened when I jailbroke my iPod Touch. Wondering if even more people have the same problem?

Plus, 5 Icon Dock seems to cut off my WiFi.
  4. Mythul

Mythul New Member

Reboot your ipod/imac
  5. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

ever since iTunes 8 came out the backup process has been failing I noticed so maybe apple have implamented a way to stop jailbroken ipods from backing up?........... just a theory lol

for me I just disabled backups as I was getting tired of the "iPod Touch disconnected cannot backup" message
  6. bulungula

bulungula New Member

I dont think so. For me, everything is working fine with jailbroken 2.1 and iTunes 8.0.1 on a mac.
    But I dont use 5-Icon Dock or any other modding stuff.
  7. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

maybe its a windows problem?
  8. drmmr6622

drmmr6622 New Member

well i dont have any problems with the backup on 2.1 and with iTunes 8. but i have had problems with a linksys router when you are using the wi-fi. i dont think that the iPod likes linksys. but than yet again the 5 icon dock could be interfering with something. i dont use it so i wouldnt know.
  9. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My wi-fi cutted off, not only when I am browsing through safari,but also when I use cydia.

Wi-fi problem, slow loading, and album art problem. Hhhh...

Anyone got problem with slow loading of applications?