Ipod Touch can`t get online

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by alifantis, Dec 6, 2008.

1. alifantis

alifantis New Member

So, i have a 1st G ipod touch 2.2 jailbroken, the wi-fi capabilities work perfect at my free hotspot at school. I wanted it to work at home , but there is no free wireless connection in my area , so i made one without a router using an usb network adapter. I managed to establish a home connection (peer-to-peer) wich works at full strenght and everything is ok. Also my ipod recognizes the network , i can connect , it even gives my the ip(although it is like the 169.254.**.***) and what is needed. But when i try to surf the web or anything that`s wi-fi related it acts like i have no coonection and safari displays me that message altough the signal bar is at full strenght. Please help me , i`ve been trying to figure it out for half a day . Is there something to do with the MAC adress , wich is also displayed on my ipod. Please help me , so that i could make a tutorial for others who have the same problem. TNX!
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. alifantis

alifantis New Member

well, i`m not on a router , i use an usb network adapter, but how can i make the connection online? BTW i can`t use the wireless network to surf the web or anything with the pc ,it says that i don`t have one ane active connection(xp, SP2), i am using my local area connection wich works so that i can go online.
  4. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

welcome to iptf.

Please Register or Log in to view images

you must have a router,

adapter is used to adapt.

router is used to route.

Please Register or Log in to view images

go buy a wireless router.