iPod Touch Camera?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by EltNoobl, Dec 20, 2009.

1. EltNoobl

EltNoobl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    (Yes I did search [Well the Thread search for me] and the lastest one was in either July or October [Sorry im not good with Dates on the Internet, Always get confused] and I didnt want to bump it and get yelled at, But heres that thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213328 ) So basically since the iPod touch and the iPhone are the same thing, with the exception of the iPhone having both the mechanics of a phone (and with the 3GS) a Camera. What Im trying to say is cant someone post the Camera.app files (From a iPhone) on to [PIRACY.rs] or some free hosting site like that, Someone who knows scripting or coding (Or some other thing thats needed) modify those files to Accept a Modified Webcam (Webcam on one end and a iPod/iPhone charging end on the other), then Put that in a source in Icy/Cydia/Installer? From ym Understanding the Only hard part would be modifying the App files itself, but then again I know nothing about this so please Prove me wrong if possible.

Thanks
    EltNoobl

PS: I dont know if this could go in Here or the iPod Touch Jailbroken Apps and whatever section.

EDIT: Or with the Webcam part, Instead of having to butcher a Webcam and a Charging cord, just use a Splitter(? I guess thats the Term) so you can just plug a webcam in instead fo Splicing two things together
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Nope. Not happening.
  3. Cydiaia

Cydiaia Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    and you dont know iphone 2g & 3g have a camera aswell dont you LOL. anyways nah never going to happen.
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So in that sense one could take the phone.app and put it on the ipod touch and it would act as a phone? No not exactly.

You would have to completely rewrite core mechanics to accept the camera. And if it were to come to that it would most likely be a developer making a standalone application, since now apple allows the devices to communicate to third party hardware. In addition to this, one would also need to create the hardware, have it powered (most likely off the ipod itself) etc. And in that case it would just be easier to carry any phone made since 2003 or even a digital camera.
  5. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lmao...
  6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    His name really makes sense...
  7. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Not possible... the camera.app is written specifically for each iPhone. Somebody would have to write a complete new one for each iPod Touch. Probably won't happen.
  8. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I think having a webcam dangling from your iPod would be kind of a pain.
  9. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh my... why are people still trying to get cameras on there iPod touches? It's like trying to hook up to wires to make electricity when you KNOW there's no electricity.

Just accept the fact that the iPod touch doesnt have a camera. Please.
  10. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4