Ipod touch Camera?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Xtreme Touch, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What are the chances of the next iPod touch having a camera?
  2. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Its possible, its pretty much the only other thing they could add. That and a mic + vibrate
  3. DrMonkey

DrMonkey New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    And a phone... and SMS... and 3G... XP
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There are good chances now that the next iPod Touch may have a camera.

With the evidence of a new iPod and iPhone on its way, There is a good chance that a camera may be coming, Especially now that we know a company is producing a 5.0 megapixel camera for an "Unknown" Apple device.

There are a lot more things a new iPod Touch may also have though, Not only a Camera, Mic, and Vibrator.
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No camera, because Apple wants to differentiate between the iPhone and iPod touch.

No microphone, because Apple wants people to buy those $79 headphones that include a mic.

Vibration, maybe.
  6. liammk

liammk New Member

7. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, and back in the 1.x days the iPod touch didn't have Mail, Stocks, Weather, Notes, and Maps because Apple wanted to differentiate between the iPhone and iPod touch. I don't even think it could add calendar events.. and even the dock was different.
    Though I feel the iPhone being a phone is enough to differentiate between them.. Internet everywhere, SMS/MMS, and GPS might be enough for one to buy an iPhone over an iPod touch.. though I like the touch's sleekness more.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And I don't think nothing's impossible.. back when I had dial-up I thought Wi-Fi was magic.. well, not entirely.
  8. snakersolid

snakersolid New Member

i think is very possible they add a camara in their next ipod
  9. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its been awhile since i looked at the Apple store, but Im pretty sure you can still get the mic + remote headphones for $29. They wont be the fancy in-ear variety, but they are the same kind that ship with the 3rd gen shuffle.

although.......... now that i think about it.... maybe apple will just start including the $29 pair with mic as the NEW standard, meaning no need to build mic into ipod..... although iphone has mic.... so maybe ipod will too.

those are my thoughts

EDIT: oh, and yea, the ipod will prolly get a camera. based off the evidence posted somewhere above, its either the ipod or the iprod, so 50/50 chance.
  10. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Apple will NEVER add a camera to the iPod Touch.

What is it again? An iPod, that's what is. The iPod Touch is already veering too close to the iPhone with the volume buttons and speaker. But never a camera.

If you see how the iPod Touch is advertised it's advertised like a gameboy, so people get the mindset of "Oh the iPod Touch is for games and the iPhone is for 3G and a cell phone" if Apple wanted to they could advertise the iPhone the same way they advertise the iPod Touch, but they dont. There try to set the two apart a bit.

You can hope and dream but it's not gonna happen, just like there's not gonna be a jailbreak for the iPod Shuffle

Please Register or Log in to view images

. My god that thread was funny.

At the dude that said there's going to be a 5.0 mega pixel camera Apple device, dude that's for the new IPHONE coming out in the summer not the iPod LOL. Why would Apple make the iPod Touch have a camera for one and two a camera better then the iPhones crappy camera Lol??
    Apple has already said there's going to be a nice upgrade in the iPhones camera.