iPod Touch Camera Case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tman47, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This might be a late observation, but I went to best buy with my friend who wanted to purchase a new case for the 3rd gen iPod touch he received for Christmas.

While browsing through the rather crappy and expensive cases Best Buy offered, I found this case to which I thought was interesting.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It says "FOR THE NEW iPod touch"

So what do you make of this? It could be a little old maybe, but Belkin isn't some knockoff company and would most likely have their facts straight.

Also, with Apple's new event they have planned, could this be a possible announcement?
  2. Tonypker13

Tonypker13 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    To my knowledge, Apple was planing to make the 3G iTouch have a camera.

Steve Jobs stated he wanted the touch's to be more affordable to everyone, thus rendering the camera not being added upon the update.

Originally, we weren’t exactly sure how to market the Touch. Was it an iPhone without the phone? Was it a pocket computer? What happened was, what customers told us was, they started to see it as a game machine. Because a lot of the games were free on the store. Customers started to tell us, “You don’t know what you’ve got here — it’s a great game machine, with the multitouch screen, the accelerometer, and so on.”

We started to market it that way, and it just took off. And now what we really see is it’s the lowest-cost way to the App Store, and that’s the big draw. So what we were focused on is just reducing the price to $199. We don’t need to add new stuff — we need to get the price down where everyone can afford it. – Steve Jobs
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No more of this.
    It's old.

God, please don't start this again...