iPod Touch bricked!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LucioCuddeford, Jun 6, 2009.

1. LucioCuddeford

LucioCuddeford New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know there have been many other topics covering the same issue but my situation is different.

I've had my ipod for about a year now and everything was going beautifully, i upgraded to 2.2 then jailbroke blah di blah.
    Then a few weeks ago the home button was becoming less and less responsive then suddenly it stopped working completely so i had to use the Close button widget with SBSettings.
    Then I was using the Facebook app and it crashed and restarted my iPod. When it came back on, i was greeted with a Connect to iTunes logo. So naturally, i did as it said and then iTunes told me

"iTunes could not connect to the iPod "iPod touch" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes"

But I am unable to so because instead of the slide to unlock, it has the Connect to iTunes logo.

Also -this is really important- I cannot go into DFU mode to restore it because the home button is broken.
    Also, i cannot take it to Apple because it is clearly Jailbroken (Custom carrier, numeric Wi-Fi, numeric battery and the lockscreen controls for PwnPlayer)
    The computer does not recognise it because when i try to use TuneAid or DiskAid, it just tells me to plug in my iPod.
    I have tryed SSHing into the device to backup downloaded content but SSH seems to be disabled. I tried iPhone Tunnel Suite but that does not seem to work.
    iRecovery does not work because it returns a message saying No USB.
    I recently updated my iTunes from 8.1.1.10 to 8.20.23 because i heard that this update changes the way iTunes talks to the device but i still get the same message and instead of just an OK option, it has a Try Again option, but if i try that button, guess what? Same message!

I would be VERY VERY grateful if somebody can give me a solution. And please, no "your screwed" because it doesn't help anyone.

I do not have enough money to buy a new iPod if there is no fix because I only 14.
    Thanks in advance, Lucio

EDIT:
    ITUNES DOES NOT RECOGNISE MY IPOD AFTER IT DISPLAYS THE ERROR MESSAGE SO I CANNOT RESTORE
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Seeing as your home button is "broken". You better start saving up.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Looks like you need to start saving your change bud.
  4. LucioCuddeford

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is there really no fix for this whatsoever?
  5. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow, that sucks

Can't you just buy the apple care and then take it to Apple? It'd be cheaper than buying another ipod for like $220....
  6. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Apple should repair it, since it's a hardware malfunction. They won't do it under warranty because, as you said, it's jailbroken, but you'll just have to pay.
  7. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try to screw it up so that it doesn't even turn on

Please Register or Log in to view images

then buy apple care
    and show it to them
  8. LucioCuddeford

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I could pay to get the Home button fixed and then DFU at home
    Sounds like a good idea but I have read on the internet of people who's Home button was broken and they took it to Apple but they just replaced the ipod/iphone rather than repairing the button.
  9. LucioCuddeford

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  10. Ahuge

Ahuge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do they actually replace the whole ipod?
    because my home button is broken and i was going to go in to get it fixed

the button broke less than a week after my warrenty expired......what do you think i could get out of them