ipod touch boot loop no charge

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by djunified, Oct 26, 2010.

1. djunified

djunified New Member

Hey all.

This is my first post on this forum, and i hope to get help with all the problems i will encounter with my ipod touch.

My friend jailbroke my ipod before greenpoison came out, because it was an MB model. It worked fine up until yesterday. This ipod touch, alot of others i bet, had a cracked screen. I ordered a replacement off ebay, and it came yesterday. I pried the old one off, breaking a cracking it to pieces, but it didn't really matter. I unplugged everything while it was on. I took the touch screen off when it was on, and i took the LCD off too when it was still on. I did this numerous times, and I think i might have screwed something up. After one of the times of reconnecting the LCD, the screen was grey when I pressed wake. Touch screen was unresponsive too. It did work though when i plugged it in to the computer, being able to sync, hearing the charging noise, and all that. So then i figured, maybe if i leave it discharge overnight, it will be normal in the morning. When i tried it this morning, it showed the "please charge" logo. So I plugged it in, and it showed the charging sign. Five seconds later, it showed the snowflake apple logo, and it stays like that for 30 seconds before going back to the charging screen with the battery. If i leave it plugged in, it will do this over and over. Does anybody know what happened? Thanks
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Dude you literaly tore your ipod up............damn.You have to be careful you cant just rip sh*t off.
  3. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Did you reconnect the battery contact? its the silver metal one that connects to the top of the motherboard from underneath. (at least in the 3gs)

If you did not, that may be your problem.
  4. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    use iReb to boot it up, its on ih8sn0ws website
  5. djunified

djunified New Member

but the problem is that theres not enough juice in the battery to do that. i need a way to force charge it without it trying to startup and show the boot screen.
  6. djunified

djunified New Member

7. djunified

djunified New Member

well i guess nobody cares about my problem..
  8. Hurr Durr

Hurr Durr Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Like mentioned earlier, from the looks of it it's trying to boot but failing due to low battery, so you probably haven't got the battery connected properly.

Take it apart again, do what collateral said, and reposition the battery, then try again. If not, it is a software or compatibility issue.
  9. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Just FYI the iPod's battery is soldered on. So have fun with that. It wont be as easy as reposition. But check the battery voltage if you can.
  10. Hurr Durr

Hurr Durr Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    LOL ok dont move the battery you'll have more problems XD