Ipod Touch bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by afx, Feb 26, 2008.

1. afx

afx New Member

Alright, now before you flame this thread Im NOT saying there is bluetooth in the Touch..

But I was thinkin, Ive had a Sprint Mogul for a while now and have always been a big poster over at ppcgeeks and xd-developers and for the longest time everyone said there was absolutely no GPS in the mogul even scouring the FCC and FTC website proved fruitless in an explanation, it was just agps not a real chips. Well lo-and-behold HTC promises a firmware with GPS and someone leaks a pre release out and now I have GPS on my Mogul.

Long story short. There was allot of speculation before the Touch came out, and some pretty good evidence that was later disproved when the actual touch came out. My question is, has anyone cracked this thing open and made sure there is no bluetooth hints anywhere?

If you still feel the need to flame... I can take it..But I wont be happy

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

3. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ohh man i so hoped but in update 2 is says that they are still looking at it???

But afx you just got SHUTDOWN!
  4. afx

afx New Member

Ive read both of those and both say they cant definitively say there is no bluetooth

UPDATE 2: From iFixit: We're looking into it. It's hard to say because they can disguise bluetooth antenna on the PCB and the chip could be integrated into something else. I'll see what I can dig up.

We did not find the CSR Bluetooth chip that the iPhone has. However, there are several Apple-branded chips that we didn't identify, so we cannot completely rule out the presence of a Bluetooth chip.

To make it perfectly clear: We cannot confirm nor deny the presence of Bluetooth in this device.
  5. afx

afx New Member

I think the
    Says Im far from it.
  6. videoouija

videoouija New Member

well sayd afx. repped.
  7. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

This should be interesting. ha, I'm too scared to open up my iPoT.
  8. afx

afx New Member

Well if you smoke pot out of your ipod I think cracking it open is the least you can do for it

Please Register or Log in to view images