Ipod touch bluetooth headsets and file transfer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jackeown, Nov 26, 2009.

1. jackeown

jackeown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi, I just bought a new iPod Touch 3rd generation with firmware 3.1.2 from apple and jailbroke it. I was wondering if and how I could get my Motorola h375 bluetooth headset for my phone to work with my ipod. Also I got a blue-tooth dongle for my laptop and I was wondering how I could send files using blue-tooth to my laptop running Ubuntu 9.10 Both of these problems are really annoying because I can't sync my ipod with linux and blue-toothing would be helpful to say the least. Any answer to either of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
  2. shamim57

shamim57 New Member

You cant only for headsets cause apple = gay with bluetooth
  3. Maxtcc

Maxtcc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you can sync the headset, and the iPod Touch via bluetooth with your laptop.
    As for file transfer , there is a photosharing bluetooth app that I know off, as for other files you are much better off,vis a vis many more apps and choices , with wifi .
    there is filemagnet, which is the simplest drag and drop solution for files on wifi.
    there is Airsharing , which is more robust option of file sharing over a lan and wifi.
    Then there is Dropbox which will share any file over the internet, which allows you to use your files over multiple devices and computers.

Hope this helps.
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iBluetooth will hopefully work with the 3g when it's released.
  5. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iDownload allows you to transfer files(any type of file) you downloaded over bluetooth. But you can only send them to iPhones and the iPod touch 2G/3G running iDownload and OS 3.0 or higher.
  6. jackeown

jackeown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok if Bluetooth is out of the question for file transfer is there a way I could ssh songs from my computer to my ipod touch. please be specific. I have tried to ssh using gtkpod and ipod-convenience but it never seemed to work so if I would have more specific help it would be appreciated.