ipod touch-blank screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by panthrcat, Oct 5, 2010.

1. panthrcat

panthrcat New Member

Hi all, my name is Sue., and I registered tonight to see if I couldn't get some answers to my problem with my ipod touch. I'm frustrated!!

nothing, I do mean nothing happens to it. it's a blank screen, and when I hold the sleep and the home button at the same time, nothing happens, when I try to plug it into my computer (itunes) nothing happens. it's like it's dead. it worked find last night, (had it on listening to tunes) and this morning it was like this, cold and dead.

I have been through the forums searching for an answer but am not getting any clear direction as to what to do. I sure hope there's someone who can help me get my ipod up and functionable again.

Sue
  2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Did you get it wet at all?
  3. panthrcat

panthrcat New Member

no sir, I did not get it wet, or has it been dropped or mistreated in any fashion. that's why I am wondering why it quit on me. it just died.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU restore is the answer to everything. Plug "dead" iPod into computer. Hold the home and power button for 10 seconds. Release the power button but keep holding onto the home button for about 7 more seconds until the little popup on your computer shows up. Then open up iTunes. It will recognize your iPod in recovery mode. It will say you have to restore it. Restore it and it should operate properly.
  5. panthrcat

panthrcat New Member

thanks for replying, but it didn't work. absolutely nothing happens when I follow your direction.