Ipod touch blacklight bleed, please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yyyy2999, Jan 20, 2010.

1. yyyy2999

yyyy2999 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So i had my ipod for around a month now and until recently i didn't notice the backlight bleed. I saw a black screen from an app and i took a screenshot because i noticed some blotchy-ness. After looking at that black screen i notice that there's definitely some backlight bleed. More in the corners but the middle is pretty blotchy. I still have my warranty do you think i get it replaced. I don't really notice it upon daily use but just knowing about it drives me insane. Ill have a link to the pic and you tell me how bad you think it is and if i should get it replaced. http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5871/c005.jpg

Also i jailbroke it but if i actually do need replacement, ill restore and give to them maybe 20+ days later. ( maybe i'll just restore and tell them i tried to see if it worked better)
  2. stfuplz123

stfuplz123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the employees there are pretty daft...I'd say that you've got a good chance.
  3. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i'd say take it in. they might try to say its a problem with the picture and not the screen, but be firm (just not rude)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh and just DFU+restore and re-sync (not from a backup, this is important)before you take it to them.
  4. yyyy2999

yyyy2999 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But do you think its worth doing? It doesn't seem that bad... Will it get worse?
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it depends...it think a trip to the Apple store is worth it in itself, so personally, i would definitely take it in. you will have to go through the whole jailbreaking thing again though. I really don't know if it will get worse, but this is a chance at a whole new iPod (maybe you can keep a few scratches away this time)

Please Register or Log in to view images

. it seems to bother you a lot, so i'd say take it in.
  6. yyyy2999

yyyy2999 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    why is it important
  7. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

Jailbreaking voids your warranty.
  8. iThrewMyiPodOutTheWindow

iThrewMyiPodOutTheWindow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Naro is, unfortunatly, correct. You cannot take your iPod back to the stores for them to fix it, because now that it's jailbroken, the warrenty is voided and they won't take it.
  9. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Restore and take back - Your warranty is fine. Just throw a couple of songs and videos and podcasts and games on, and you're good to go.

Wow, that's horrid that bleed.... if mine was like that it would drive me crazy. And you paid good money, you deserve a good product.... I definitely vote take it back

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i think you totally have a good case m8. i got my ipt 1G 8GB replaced last year 12 days before the warranty expired...the problem was the home button broke. i got it replaced in a week no problem. plus it wasnt even restored....and it was JB