iPod Touch bettery meter dips when turned off and on again

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kaiei, Oct 5, 2007.

1. kaiei

kaiei New Member

Hi all

Not too sure if it is me, or it is just the way the iPoT is.

Say I have a full bar displayed on the battery meter, and I shut the iPoT down completely and turn it back on immediately. The battery life remaining could dip to as much as 50-75% of what it used to display.

Does the device require that much power to start up, or is a battery problem?

Thanks!
  2. terencek888

terencek888 New Member

It happens to mine as well..
    My guess is that the battery indicator wasn't very accurate to reflect the actual batt juice remaining in real time.
  3. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    its not the touch starting up when it start it from a cold start i takes a wile for the touch to detect the full current runing through the wires
  4. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

it works the same for all ipods, if you start it up from a dead reset, or in this case, just on, it takes a lot of power. your battery life should jump back up after a bit with it just playing music or w/e.
  5. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sleep

Yeah it's weird like that because you can leave it in sleep mode forever (it seems) and when you turn it back on, the battery will be just as full as when you shut it off... you'd think it would be the other way around but....