Ipod touch battery not even lasting 1/7th of expected 30 hour time?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by darkxwaters, Dec 27, 2009.

1. darkxwaters

darkxwaters New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi so i got a brand new ipod touch on christmas and the battery doesnt seem to be lasting long at all.

So i have a couple questions.

1) How can i keep the battery lasting long, should i let it die completely before i charge it each time? because it's on the tethered jailbreak from Blackra1n.

2) Why does my battery only last 3-4 hours playing continuous music ONLY.
    Do i have to keep the top button pushed off so the screen is black while playing music to save all my battery? because sliding to unlock everytime i want to change songs is annoying :/.

3) Would letting it die once completely then fully charging then rejailbreaking keep the battery lasting longer?

I Have a 3rd gen iPod touch that i got for christmas so any help would be appreciated thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

~Dark.
  2. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can double tap the home button while in the slide to unlock page to bring up controls for your music.
  3. darkxwaters

darkxwaters New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That doesn't give me choices to switch my music though only for that artist.
  4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i assume apple tests their battery life in the most ideal conditions for example:

1) wifi off
    2) push off
    3) location off
    4)backlight all the way down
    5) ipod locked
    6) volume low
    7) UNJAILBROKEN
    8) ipod plugged into the wall

then and only then might you get 30 hours
  5. darkxwaters

darkxwaters New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well i put all those off, going to charge it while i'm at work and see how it works.

Except im running the backlight at the point where it's visible to me.(about 35-40% Brightness)

All the others are off, and im charging from my computer.

Anyone else got suggestions?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And also it has the jailbroken app for blackra1n, but it's not finished jailbreaking yet as i cant get wifi on it anywhere yet since i havent set up my router, Well anyways headed off to work for 6 hours so i'll check this when i get back.

Thanks
    ~Dark
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    The day you got it did you actually let it charge for how long it needed? You may need to condition the battery.
  7. skratte

skratte New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you listening to music through the external speaker or a headset? my 2g lasts quite awhile through the headset and only a few hours through the speaker.
  8. Chronico

Chronico New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I listen to music on my touch 2G (JailBroken) for 4 to 6 hours at school everyday (hardly every using the screen) and it only shaves about 5% to 15% off of a full charge (Reading 98% to 100% when full). If I watch a movie on a full charge for about 2 hours the battery life will say about 75% or more if room was dark. So even with the screen on it doesn't seem to go that fast. I have the brightness at 50% with auto brightness on, wifi on and BT an notifications off. Games however eat the battery life in minuets and make the presentages go way down way to fast to be accurate.

keep in mind on the charging screen with the battery picture, even when it looks 90% green it's more like 55% present charged and 98% green is really about 80% charged. I would recommend turning on battery life % if you have the option or get it for winter board so you can easily monitor your battery juice and if you can't even get 6 hours of screen time much less 6 hours of music than there's something defiantly wrong with your ipod.

3rd generation: Audio - 30 hours, Video - 6 hours
    I don't think there doing anything to make those numbers higher. It should be like that out of the box, no settings changed.

Apple support is good. They replaced my headphones before without even checking anything and the replaced my Ipod when the headphone jack started loosing connection. If you go to an apple store and tell them your batter life is going way to fast I don't see what they can do but give a new Ipod.
  9. darkxwaters

darkxwaters New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Well mainly through the external speaker because im on christmas break and i like having the external speaker on so i can have it setting on my floor and still hear the music in 1 ear and people talking on xbox live in the other ear. I'll try a fully charged run through the speaker on the ipod and through headphones tomorrow and see some results. playing through the external speaker may be my problem.
  10. Apez

Apez New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got the same iPod and I'm also having the same battery problems