Ipod touch battery life.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cstoliker, Feb 16, 2009.

1. cstoliker

cstoliker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just bought an Ipod touch 2 g 16G two day ago. Wandering if the battery life is what it should be.

I tested it under worst case scenario:

Backlight on approximately 50% brightness entire time
    WiFi enabled and connected
    Driving 24 ohm 30 mm headphones approximately 50% volume

I started it playing music & stopwatch (app) & left it alone. I got just over 4 hours and 35 min before it completely died. With the first low battery warning (20%) after 3:38. Is that within reason or is my battery defective?

One other question too. Why buy an Ipod? I have a cell phone and do not want to pay for the unlimited data plain but If I was to buy an Iphone outright with no cell service associated with it. Wouldn't it basically be an Ipod with the addition of a camera? Is there any advantage to having an Ipod over an Iphone?
  2. Pyroball

Pyroball New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, but now, you MUST sign a contract BEFORE you leave the store with the iPhone. Apple has done this to help prevent people from unlocking their iphone 3g's
  3. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, the thing that is killing your battery is brightness. Bring it down to 10%-25%, and you will see a difference. Also disable the "ask to join network" that uses some battery to.

In my opinion the battery life on the ipod touch sucks, can barely watch 2 movies without the battery dieing on me. Playing games, you can barely get 2 hours.
  4. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ditto. I move from cradle to cradle to keep the damn thing charged. Battery life isn't what they tout it as . . .