Ipod Touch Battery Life Test

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zongas, Aug 29, 2008.

1. zongas

zongas New Member

Hi people, I am new to this forum and wasn't sure if I could post a separate topic for this or just post it in a designated thread but here goes. I have been reading a whole lost of blogs and topics of the battery life of the Ipod Touch being underwhelming and not as promised but in my case, I am currently performing a test and the Ipod is completely blowing away my expectations. Here is what I am testing, I have a 32 GB Ipod Touch with the 2.0.1 Jailbroken custom firmware.

So far, I have played through 1.5 hours worth of music, and am now testing the video with no charge since the music part. It was fully charged when I started this morning. I have played through the whole There's Something About Mary which clocks at 1h 54m for me, and then i went straight for 10 Things I hate about you (Don't judge my taste in movies lol) and that's been playing for 1h 13m as we speak which couples to about 3 hours of total play and my battery appears to be at about 65-70%. Is this some sort of glitch or is my Ipod just blessed with some kind of battery energy? If it helps the Ipod is a month old.

The reason I am posting this is that I am just really annoyed by people claiming how bad that battery life on the touch is and I can honestly disagree with my test. So far the battery has exceeded my most ambitious expectations. Just wanted to share that.
  2. typoonblade

typoonblade Banned

if u want better battery life follow these simple steps us ipod touch owners have done..

1. turn off ipod touch completly.
    2. tape any openings of the ipod touch, such as the headphone jack and the USB port.
    3.place ipod touch in cold water. the reason why cold water, is because lithium ions battery like cold enviornment. it will increase battery life and power. however, do NOT place in freezer.
    4. after 10-15 minutes, take it out and charge your ipod.
    5. you are done

hope this help, let me know if u have any questions

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    low life.... leave the forums...
  4. typoonblade

typoonblade Banned

stfu b!tch
  5. vanhalenfanrob

vanhalenfanrob New Member

what a moron someone should tape all his openings and hold him underwater for 10 - 15 minutes

anyways im glad your battery is good alot of other things can affect it, did you have the brightness all the way up or down and were you connected to wifi, i think both of those will significantly affect your battery life
  6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    that is to be expected playign music is probably one of the least battery life intensive things to do on an ipod.

What kills batteries are - using WI-FI and using the apps

Try to be on wi-fi and open up safari to reload automatically every 30 seconds and watch how battery goes down.

Or how about use one of the many apps you can download
  7. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

If you read my thread you will see that I'm having issues with 2.0.2. Could you please do a test with the 2.0.2 firmware.