iPod touch backup

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sierralem, Jul 1, 2009.

1. sierralem

sierralem New Member

Hi everyone, so I just got a new iPod touch because my old one broke and so while I'm setting it up I choose the option restore to old back up, but it tells me that I have to set up to knew then upgrade the new iPod's software to 3.0 because that's what the back up's software is. Ok so I do this and no problem about 3 hours later all my calendar things, Safari bookmarks, etc. are back on the iPod everything that is except for my contacts. Should I redo the restore from backup or what? I really want my contacts back as I have them no where else. Also I'm really sorry if this question has been asked before

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Thank you for helping me.
  2. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if your backup was from ipod touch 1g, then of course it's not going to be compatible with your new ipod touch 2g
    it's always a good idea to just clean restore instead of restoring from backup
  3. sierralem

sierralem New Member

No I've never had a 1g iPod touch. The new one was 2g but I had recently upgraded the now broken 2g iPod touch to the iPhone 3.0 software. So the new iPod touch software was still 2.21 ( I believe that's how you write it not sure). Sorry if what I write earlier was unclear.