iPod Touch Backup

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JonasHodges, Jun 26, 2009.

1. JonasHodges

JonasHodges New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Recently, my computer crashed so I've been using another one which means that I will have to use this one to sync my iPod Touch. Well, mine is jailbroken and I want to back up all the apps I've downloaded from Cydia as well as make the normal backup that iTunes usually makes when you sync it up. I want to do this so I can keep all my high scores so that when i restore my iPod, I can just click the restore from back up and be all fine with that. Is there any way I can do this on this new computer?
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iTunes can not backup your Cydia apps. There is AptBackup, but all it does is make a list of your Cydia apps and re-installs them when you use it again.
  3. JonasHodges

JonasHodges New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But won't I also need a backup on my computer? I'm talking about all the normal apps that I've gotten from the appstore. I've transfer them onto this computer but I want to keep all my high scores and settings so that after I restore it and jailbreak to 3.0 I will still have them.
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The computer should make a backup of all of that when you sync it to iTunes
  5. JonasHodges

JonasHodges New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My backup was on my old computer that crashed. I need to sync it to a new computer but when I connect it to the new computer, it asks me if I want to erase everything and sync it.
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Are you using the same account on the new computer that you used on the old computer?
  7. JonasHodges

JonasHodges New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You mean the iTunes account? If so, then yes.
  8. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yea, I meant the iTunes account. It should let you sync your content over, but if not I would suggest using sharepod to get your music off, and try re-downloading your apps from the app store.
  9. JonasHodges

JonasHodges New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I already have everything on this computer, I just want to save all my highscores from some apps so that I don't loose them. Let me rephrase my question. How do I make a backup onto a computer that I don't normally sync my iPod to? And when I say backup, I mean the one that iTunes creates whenever you sync your iPod. The one that saves settings and other things similar to that.
  10. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you have all of your Content on your Computer and it still wants to erase your content when you sync, then I have no idea what do to.