Ipod Touch at Costco

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Johasua, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Johasua

Johasua New Member

Hi,
    You can skip the first 3 paragraphs if you'd like.

Last November, I bought my first Ipod Touch 3rd Gen at Costco. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me.
    Then on the day Spring Break started (mid March, so 90-day return policy had expired), as I was walking/running out of the school with friends, my Ipod Touch fell out of my hoody pocket. I was oblivious to it of course, and it was only till 10 minutes later did I realize it was gone. It was raining, and I really didn't' feel like going back to the school so I foolishly decided to check the lost & found the day school started.

Of course, it was not there. My friend told me that he heard about someone finding a broken Ipod Touch on the ground that dreadful Friday. I was heartbroken.

That Ipod Touch meant everything to me (not everything, but quite close) and I realized that it had been the source of much of my happiness. I forgot about it for 3 months or so, during which many of my friends and fellow students also got Ipod Touches. It was torture, but I endured.

Now that you've heard my story, I'll tell you my reason for making this post.
    Now when the new Iphone 4 came out, I realized that I needed some sort of Ipod Touch/Iphone device. It's been awhile since then, but today I was just searching around for information about Ipod Touches.
    I then started to wonder if I got a 3rd gen Ipod Touch now, would I be able to replace it under Costco's 90-day return policy for a new 4th gen Ipod Touch when it comes out?
    Also would that new Ipod Touch also have a 90-day return policy?

Just wondering. All answers (except the stupid ones) are appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Yeedawgz

Yeedawgz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just wait for the new iPod. Seems like too much trouble buying the 3G and returning it for the 4G
  3. dustinlenguyen

dustinlenguyen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Probably, but it's not worth that much trouble as the post above me said.
  4. Johasua

Johasua New Member

Can anyone verify from experience that Costco does in fact add a new 90-day return policy on replaced electronics.

Thanks
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you do buy it and decide to do what you do then you'll have to save everything, I mean everything. The clerk I was talking to asked me what's wrong and I just told her that the battery wouldn't hold out long anymore then she checked the package for parts. I missed a booklet so I had to run home and grab my iPhone's one and stuff it in and then got it returned.
  6. dustinlenguyen

dustinlenguyen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't replace it. Just return it and buy the 4G afterwards.
  7. Johasua

Johasua New Member

The only reason that I want to do this is because I want to get at least some sort of Ipod Touch in my hands as soon as possible.

At J-Phone: Did you get a new 90-day return policy?

At dustin person: Would I get full credit for the amount I spent on the Ipod Touch at Costco?
  8. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What? I just returned it and got my money and kept my new iPhone

Please Register or Log in to view images

. If you buy then return, then walk back in and buy a new iPod Touch it will have the 90-day warranty tho returns/exchanges are kept on your Costco Membership record so don't do it so many times or you'll get asked.
  9. Johasua

Johasua New Member

Then I guess there's no reason not to carry out my plan.
    Yay!
    Do I have to pay tax again?
  10. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Tax for the 1st or 2nd iPod?