iPod touch as removeable drive

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by neonfire999, Mar 16, 2009.

1. neonfire999

neonfire999 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    is there any way possible that i could make my ipod touch a removable drive when i go to my computer so that i could search it and use a program that shows me what files are taking up a lot of space in drives on my computer.
  2. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Please search next time.

Here is a link.

Edit: Another one on that isn't mentioned on that page is iFunBox.
  3. neonfire999

neonfire999 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ok i apologize. i had searched a long time ago and there wasnone but i forgot to make a thread. thanks for the link.
  4. JohnnyAndroid

Device:
    iPad 4
    It's all good! You're welcome!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. neonfire999

neonfire999 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ok, i'm wondering which one in the link would make it appear as a removable drive in windows explorer so that i can use all the functions of windows explorer and access all of the files and folder on my ipod touch. if it gave as much access as winscp but put the ipod as a removable drive in explorer, that is my goal. so i'm just wondering which of the options in the link actually do that.
  6. JohnnyAndroid

Device:
    iPad 4
    None, at least I think so. It won't show up in windows explorer. The iPod touch wasn't built for access to the file system in windows explorer like the other iPod models.
  7. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    TouchCopy

* Copy iPod music, playlists, podcasts and video to your PC. Backup your iPod music and video in a couple of mouse clicks.
    * iPod to iTunes transfer of music, playlists and videos. Also transfers your Album Art, Ratings, Play Count and other song data.
    * iPod Backup of all your Music, Movies and Playlists at the touch of a button. Backup to your PC or iTunes.
    * Copy Photos. View and save Photos on your iPod to your computer. View and copy photos taken on your iPhone.*
    * Copy Games from your iPod back into your iTunes library.*
    * Copy and manage Notes, Contacts and Calendars on your iPod - all from within TouchCopy.
    * Search for music on your iPod . The search results can be saved to your computer or transferred into iTunes as a playlist.
    * Play music and video on your iPod through your PC without having iTunes installed. Use TouchCopy to change your music rating.
    * Use your iPhone or iPod Touch as an external hard drive. Store any type of data, move your files between your home and office. Use your iPod as a backup device. (iPod Touch and iPhone Only )

http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/163013612/TouchCopy.v3.25.rar
  8. neonfire999

neonfire999 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    sorry but the crack doesn't even work for that application. And it dosent put the ipod as a removable drivein windows explorer
  9. Touchyfan

Touchyfan New Member

10. jek

jek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Get Memory Stick (App Store, $1.99) you can transfer files to your ipod (and view stuff like images, html files, pdfs, etc). Not WE access, but you can access it through a web browser or through WE by setting it up as a remote server.