iPod touch as Drive Letter

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xeross, Nov 20, 2009.

1. xeross

xeross New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey,

I want to have my iPod touch as a drive letter so I can use my winamp to manage it. however it doesn't show up in hardware removal nor in my Drive Management of Vista.

How can I get it as a drive letter ?

Thanks for your time, Xeross
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I don't think Winamp can manage your iPod. And since you're asking to see it as a drive letter, it sounds like you're hoping it to be sort of drag-n-drop, which the iPod is not.
  3. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    well you sorta can if you use iphone folders but it wont have the full functionality of a flash drive
  4. Maxtcc

Maxtcc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't know of any drive letter progs for Ipod iTouch but if you want drag and drop files that you can access on the ipod quickly and simply here are the three that I use:

Filemagnet: drag and drop wirelessly on same network between computer and iPod.

Airsharing : full folder and file sharing and usage on iPod with wireless network.

Dropbox: full folder and file sharing and storage using an internet mediary site, which makes the files available world wide access by you.

Hope this helps.
  5. xeross

xeross New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I don't need drag and drop I'm just not a big iTunes fan, and winamp has built-in iPod support plus a plugin with extended ipod functionality
  6. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    USBDrive will allow you to use a section of your iPod's free memory as mass storage. I doubt Winamp will be able to manage it though.
  7. xeross

xeross New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Winamp can read out the database of the ipod and add songs to it, but for this I need the iPod to show up like a usb drive letter, without iTunes installed it would probably be possible but I need iTunes for any apps and stuff.
  8. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
  9. xeross

xeross New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well that should be working, but it doesn't because my iPod has no drive letter (which it should have) and I can't seem to figure out how to assign one.