ipod touch as controler for computer!!!

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by justinthebest25, Feb 18, 2008.

1. justinthebest25

justinthebest25 New Member

I think that it would be awsome to make a contoler out of the ipod to work with your computer using wifi or lan to control your computer. i was thinking you could use a gamepad simmilar to the gba emulator controls only it controls your computer in a game (like a joystick).i go to a private school with all computers in everyclass and i always get kicked out for playing games so this way when im in class i can play game without touching my keyboard so it looks like im paying attention

Please Register or Log in to view images

! also i think the mouse idea is cool too
  2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    VNC.

(or VNSea on Installer)
    Have fun.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    ummm what he said
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think he's suggesting a method that would just mirror keystrokes, not the entire display.

VNC runs slowly, and doesn't work with a lot of games/programs since it uses it's own video driver, but with a program that just let you hit a button and the key would be pressed, there would be no need for that driver.
  5. justinthebest25

Thanks for the replys, I already have VNC it works great for fooling my freinds and teachers but thats about it, i was thinking more of a controler i have tried to use VNC to control full window games but there are no arrow keys on the keypad in VNC so you have to change the keys to other keys that are in vnc's keypad, then its so laggy that you cant even control so i was thinking somthing less laggy and more of a game pad like just a contoler.
  6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i always thought the WiFiController app for the PSP was awesome when it came to this. it worked almost 100% of the time completely flawlessly. every once in a while you'd get a wifi glitch and it would stop responding for a second. considering the psp only has a 802.11B wifi card, and the touch uses a full 802.11G wifi card, i bet those wifi glitches could be completely eliminated seeing you can be running at 54 Mbps instead of 11 Mbps. as for a mouse, HECK YES. i always imagined someone building a mouse app that runs through the USB cable. set it on the desk in front of you and it acts as a laptop trackpad. its surprising no one has come out with this app yet, the touch's screen is the exact same size as my laptops trackpad is.
  7. justinthebest25

ye i think some1 should really look into making this app!!!!!!!
  8. dclarke

dclarke New Member

it's called touchpad. works with vnc.
  9. minja3418

minja3418 New Member

do you mean like something like a wiimote?
  10. heyitsnatedawg

heyitsnatedawg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    touchpad is a great app for just using it as a mouse. I think it would be cool if someone made it like the accelometor could pick up on turns and be like a real contoller for a game like CSS or cod4