iPod touch as a music player...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kafro, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kafro

kafro New Member

So I'm really having second thoughts about my new iPod touch. I listen to sets (a bunch of songs played in one 45+ min .mp3) and I'm finding it a HUGE pain in the butt scroll through the song with the scroll bar being the size of like an inch, and every space it jumps being like 2-3 minutes.

I also find myself annoyed b/c every time I want to change the volume I have to hit the button, slide, tilt my iPod a bunch of times to get it out of album view, then change the volume. All takes about 5 seconds of my full concentration oppose to the 1/2 second it takes on my old iPod of just click and spin.

I also am very annoyed of the Album View and would like to turn it off all together. I don't like having to tilt my iPod all the time after taking it out of my pocket. I figured it would take some getting used to but after a week of every day use I still find myself annoyed every time I want to change something on my iPod.

So I guess what I'm getting at is anyone else out there very unsatisfied with using the iPod touch as a music player? And does anyone know if there are any apps or future apps that will remake the music app so it is better? Thanks.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

While your screen is off, double tap the HomeButton. That will bring up onscreen controls, including volume. Thus eliminating a whole bunch of steps needed to adjust the volume.

double tapping the Home Button also works when the iPod isn't in sleep mode, like if you are on the internet, or whatever.

If you have to tilt the iPod a bunch of times to get it out of CoverFlow, then you aren't holding the iPod straight enough. Accelerometers work by using Gravity to their advantage.

Your iPod won't work in Space.

If you tap the sleep button before putting the thing in your p[ocket, it won't go into CoverFlow. Just a thought.

Instead of using the slider, try tapping and holding the forward and back buttons to fast forward or rewind in small bits.
  3. sagsi

sagsi New Member

As Skylar says ... the double tap of HOME works great ... the volume and FW BW "keys" appear toward the top of the screen and the current time shows up LARGE in the background. That's exactly what I do when I'm out walking or exercising. You never accidentally get lost in coverflow. When you're done adjusting ... just pop the SLEEP button and back into your pocket.
  4. Rallos

Rallos New Member

You just have to learn the little tricks to it first. I didnt know about the double tap home thing either. I guess that's what I get for not reading the manual

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Works really nice now that I know about it.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The Manual? You mean that thing the iPod doesn't come with?

Seriously, how lame is that.
  6. sagsi

sagsi New Member

Yup ... it seems in this day and age, the best you can hope for is "Getting Started"!
  7. SadAntenna

SadAntenna New Member

I love that "Your Ipod Touch won't work in space." I can't wait to hear people using that as a reason not to buy a touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

Now I have a new mission.. to make a space version of the touch. Gravity will no longer effect my music loving needs.
  9. Rawd

Rawd New Member

This is funny, because I know that astronauts have definately taken Ipods with them on the shuttle and to the space station in the past. I wonder when the first Touch/Iphone will go up and be tested in a no gravity environment. lol
  10. scooter

scooter New Member

Now I have to sell this thing. I can't have it randomly switching between coverflow while I'm outside the mothership.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.