iPod Touch Application transfers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phatkroger10, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Phatkroger10

Phatkroger10 New Member

I used one of my friends iTunes accounts. We both went in on a card to get apps so we both could have ones we pay for. But he wants different apps than what I do. So is there a way I can take these off and put them on my computer or keep them on my iPod while still changing iTunes accounts?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You have to have his iTunes account name and password to authorize them on your computer. Once they are there they will stay but you will need his password everytime there is an update for them.
  3. Phatkroger10

Phatkroger10 New Member

yeah, but if he downloads apps, whenever I plug it in my computer, it will give me those, because he purchased them. is there no way to transfer these?
  4. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm confused. Are you using two separate computers? If so, then you can simply deselect the Apps that you don't want synced.
  5. Phatkroger10

Phatkroger10 New Member

cause my friend and I are sharing apps, but different computers.
  6. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That is illegal. If you each want an App, you each need to buy it on your own account.
  7. Phatkroger10

Phatkroger10 New Member

well we're sharing an itunes account. i'm not sure if this is still illegal by standards. but he wants other applications he would use, and I'd like other applications. But I am interested in keeping them on my iPod and switching accounts or something? it's not a huge deal. i'm just wondering if this is possible.
  8. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What? Why would you need to change them? If you both spent money on a card, he should get half, you should get the other half, and do it that way and problem solved.
  9. Phatkroger10

Phatkroger10 New Member

idk. this is all getting too confusing. i just want effin monopoly and still be able to download apps without it getting all screwed up. but ok. thanks for the help.