iPod Touch app icon not displayed

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by im_etten, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im_etten

im_etten New Member

iPod Touch 1st Gen updated to 2.2.1 – Jailbroken.
    Here is my issue, I purchased an iPod off Craigslist and it has some apps on it that I wanted to keep. I used WinSCP & copied the app folder to my PC. I then restored the iPod (to delete the music & files) and Jailbroke it again. I am trying to copy the apps back to the iPod but I can not get it to work. I found several tutorials but I can not get the app icon to show up on the spring board. So I want to know where should the app folder go? Should it go - /private/var/stash/Applications.eNUKho/ - where the other apps are located? When I place them in this folder & set the permissions I can see the app in BossPrefs but I can’t see the icon. I have created a folder called Documents in the var/mobile & set permissions with no luck. I have downloaded a free app hoping it showed up. I have tried the other app folder /private/var/mobile/Applications. I have also tried to do every combination of instructions I found with no luck. What am I missing???? <DELETED>
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

This is illegal. Get off of the forums now as this is against the Rules.

Reported.
  3. im_etten

im_etten New Member

Isn't Jailbreaking illegal?
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Not as of yet.
  5. im_etten

im_etten New Member

I am confused... I tried to save an app that was originally downloaded from Installer and now I can't find it. I want to put it back. How is this aginst forum policies if I can or used to be able to download the file from Installer?
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Any Appstore apps you copied off cannot be synced back as they are registered to the previous owner's iTunes account. If you downloaded something from Installer before the upgrade then download it again. Note that if you upgraded from 1.* firmware to 2.* firmware that the apps from the 1.* are not compatible on 2.*.

Also note that talk of 'that patch' is not allowed here. It comes under the heading of illegal/pirated material. I have edited your post to remove the reference. Please read and digest the rules before you post again.
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Stu is letting you off easy as he could very well give you a warning or infraction.

-Thread closed-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.