Ipod Touch and my experience as a PDA

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by u352, Sep 24, 2007.

1. u352

u352 New Member

What a shame that it is only 16gigs. I really bought it to use as a pDA since it integrates nicely with ical and the calendar but why did apple put the handcuffs on ical and not be able to change and add appointments.

When you really think about it the ipod touch is really a great opportunity to be an awesome pda.

But 16gigs is too small. I already filled it up.

Did I tell you how awesome the video display is!!

Oh and what is the deal with the absence of third party apps?
  2. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

it is an iPod, not a PDA. you want a PDA buy one. i have two.

16 GB is not too small for solid state flash and is actually quite impressive for the price

the display has been nothing but trouble for me, first bad blacks and now 20 or so dead pixels

absece of 3rd party apps is due to the fact that it has not yet been released world wide.
  3. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    whoa whoa whoa.......i thought this was an ipod touch fan forum. i know your a little upset but thats borderline bashing
  4. u352

u352 New Member

I realize that it is not a pda but damn it is soo close , I have been through too many PDA's and am PDA jaded. Sick of them but gotta have them for some odd reason?!? I can't wait for some good 3rd party apps to come around.

Wether or not it is solid state or not it is still tiny as for the display I am nothing but tickled with the qulaity of it. I wonder if the ipones have been experiencing the same thing?

sexy little thing to hold isn't it!
  5. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i do agree that it would be just duckey if this thing had true PDA functionality (it really has potential, hackers...) but apple will sell you a PDA later on im sure.
  6. dimdig23

dimdig23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    do i hear the return of the newton
  7. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Nearly a PDA

Yeah loved the Newton had every model from first to last. So many great apps in the end. Apple even encouraged it in those days. Funny how companies attitudes change. Really the Ipod Touch is pretty close to being a useful PDA. Surely no one hear finds it odd that some owners would want to be able to add an appointment, note or task on the go? I still feel that once this is hacked there will be plenty of add on apps to satisfy us all. Patience is a virtue. Hopefully by the time we get em here downunder the horrible dead pixel and dark screen problems will not be in our shipments. Though dead pixels is more of a worry. I got one 3 weeks after buying my 24" Imac and they wouldn't do anything about it. $4000 but no sympathy on their part.
  8. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

well, one dead pixel on a display with millions is nothing compared to 20ish dead pixels on a display with only 150,000 or so
  9. zayin

zayin New Member

If you have ~20 dead pixels on your iPoT you should return it to the store and get it fixed. It's covered by the warranty.
  10. Sir. Vince

Sir. Vince New Member

They disabled input to the calender via the ipod. You can only import from outlook or the like.
    On the iPhone, theres a small + button to add new appointments.
    Stock, the iPod Touch fails at PDA functionality.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3rd party apps ftw.