iPod Touch and Mobile Broadband. How can I make this work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Noisemaker, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I have my internet service through Verizon's Mobile Broadband. I use an aircard on my notebook, and it works great. However, because of the lack of wi-fi, my iPod Touch is limited to just being an mp3 player. Is there any way I can somehow get it online with the mobile broadband? I know, obviously, that I can't just connect through the aircard. (Although, technically, it probably COULD be done with hacking and a VZW Access Manager App).

Would it be possible for me to set up a normal wireless DSL router with the computer that has the aircard in it, and somehow forward the connection to wireless devices (Like the Touch...)?

I'm not looking for the ability to use the aircard with the Touch anywhere. Just a way to get a wi-fi connection around the house.

Is there any way I can do this without dropping $300+ on a Mobile Broadband wireless Router?

I'd even be satisfied with using the iPod while it's connected to my computer. Obviously I would just do my browsing on the computer, but if there's a way I could at least check Cydia and get new themes and such without having to drive someplace to find a wi-fi signal it would be great.
  2. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have the card also, but when i use the card, i dont need the ipod, so i havent tried this, but you can try doing that ad hoc thing, so your laptop acts as a wifi broadcasting signal.
  3. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

What's ad hoc? How do I do it?
  4. CANUCKLE HEAD

CANUCKLE HEAD New Member

depends. what operating system do you use?
  5. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I'm on Vista.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.