Ipod Touch and Itunes porblems!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xxfftlxx, Sep 29, 2007.

1. xxfftlxx

xxfftlxx New Member

Im having problems with itunes. Everytime i plug in my ipod touch itunes starts to freeze. I also noticed that when i go to preferences and then to the iPhone tab it freezes also. I have re-installed itunes, and it still does this. Is there anything else i can do to try and fix this problem.

Edit: I'm have the latest version of iTunes and windows xp media center edition. I did update my iPod touch if that helps. I don't have it set up to sync music, but it does sync photos.

My laptop is a dell xps with 512mb of memmory and a 60g 7200rpm hdd.

Itunes and my iPod were working fine when I first got it. It works on my friends computer. But it does start to freeze, and the sync page shows up on my iPod. All i have to do is cancle the sync and itunes goes back to normal.
  2. timothyjay2004

timothyjay2004 New Member

Do you have the latest iTunes version?? 7.4.3 for windows, or 7.4.2 for mac? I can possibly see why it would freeze when you go to the iPhone tab. The devises are similar and it's probably searching for it or trying to get info from your touch. You have no need to go to that setting, as, well, you have a touch, not iPhone. iPod touch settings will be on the main screen when it syncs. If you have the latest version of iTunes and are still having problems, then I don't know. But it's hard to answer with a vague question without much detail (ex: Mac or PC, iTunes version, etc.).
  3. kdm

kdm New Member

I think the iPhone tab freeze helps explain. My guess is that your problem has to do with the Apple Mobile Devices Service.

If you are on windows try disable this service by going to the control panel > administrator tools > services. Look for Apple Mobile Device in the list, select it and click Stop on the side panel. If this helps you can permanently disable the service by right-clicking on the service in the list and select Disabled under Startup type.

That's my two cents...

Oh, and if you use a mac, well I have no idea.
  4. xxfftlxx

xxfftlxx New Member

I have the latest version of iTunes on a of with windows. The only reason I went to the iPhone tab was because I was desperate and was hoping some iPod touch setting might be in there... And that tab works fine on other computers.
  5. xxfftlxx

xxfftlxx New Member

i tried that, itunes doesnt freeze when i plug in my ipod but it doesnt show my ipod either. It worked fine before. I dont know why its doing this.
  6. xxfftlxx

xxfftlxx New Member

I was wondering... does any one have this same problem.. or is it just me. Damn apple...
  7. mas5acre

mas5acre New Member

i have a dell notebook (e1705) have the same problem. It works on my bro's computer though, so I think it has to do with dell notebooks. I ordered a widock which syncs the ipod over wifi to help me, it set me back $80. Haven't recieved it yet.
  8. samsumthing

samsumthing New Member

i just updated my ipod 20 mins ago and now it wont connect and i am using a hp laptop.
  9. Domdididom

Domdididom New Member

So is there anybody who went threw this freezing problem. I register specially for that.
    My Ipod touch seems to work just fine, at least i hope it is, but it can't be connect without freezing, or it just doesn't appear on Itunes and i got this Iphonebutton issue too.
    Right now i feel i bought my most expensive caculator.

Ps : sorry about my english.
  10. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Alright, i followed Kdm's order and it doesnt freeze any more but it doesnt even recognize my ipod touch. Im running windows xp and my itunes is the most recent one available (7.4.3). My ipod is running 1.1.1 too. Guys i dont mean to sound desperate but...IM DESPERATE! Is there anyway for you to not have that service running put still sync properly?