iPod Touch always freezing because of Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by xxPatangTangxx, Sep 5, 2008.

1. xxPatangTangxx

xxPatangTangxx New Member

My iPod always freezes when I jailbreak my iPod especially in Cydia! Once I jailbreak it, I go to cydia, it reorganizes itself but after that when I try to install a program like winterboard, mxtube or BossPrefs, it has a circle in the middle and it goes around and around then it stops and freezes and doesn't respond! This is really getting annoying because in the last month, I must have atleast restored it more than 30 times!!! What can I do to prevent this kind of thing from happening! I usually jailbreak to 2.0.2 and when it freezes I usually restart it but then it gets stuck at the boot screen and that way of solving the boot screen problem that is stickied doesn't work!!

Fan anyone help!?
  2. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

2.0.2 is a buggy firmware, try using 2.0.1 or 2.0.
  3. xxPatangTangxx

I have but 2.0.1 does that same thing and I haven't tryed 2.0!
  4. richardarkless

richardarkless Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    2.0 is more buggier, so no point trying that one out, just stick with 2.0.1 or 2.0.2, im predicting a new firmware might be coming out soon anyway
  5. xxPatangTangxx

I might just not jailbreak it anymore, I might just stay with not jailbreak, it works great!
  6. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    are you serious 2.0.2 is buggy yeah but 2.0 is a living hell compared i agree with 2.0.1 but 2.0 isnt any better
  7. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    just restore and try again but dont restore a back up
  8. i_maq

i_maq Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Dude I been having the same problem, had it with 2.0.1 so I went to 2.0.2 and it's the same! I finish restoring and get everything working again, I only want to install Categories and OpenSSH and MXTube and just installing one of those kills my iPod, leaves it with the spinner and then another restore, and it takes hours to restore! So frustrating, must've retored 8 times in the last 3 days!
  9. cainy

cainy New Member

it could be the firmware file your using try creating a new ipsw using winpwn or pwnage, 2.0 & 2.0.1 are quite buggy not to sure what if anything apple have done with the iPod touch between sept 07 and now but the refurb I picked up last weekend runs 2.0.2 a lot better than my original and it's the exact same ipsw
  10. i_maq

i_maq Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Well I've pwned all 3 2.0 versions and sadly they're all as rubbish as the other

Please Register or Log in to view images