Ipod Touch all messed up, help plz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CA$HMONEY, Aug 2, 2008.

1. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Today I went to update my Ipod Touch to the newest version and it took about an hour to download the newest version but after it got done doing so it said "Preparing Ipod for upgrade" or something along those lines. It stayed on this screen for a couple hours and I even left it going when I went to work.

After returning home from work my computer (Itunes) still said, Preparing iPod for upgrade" or somethign like that and so I thought it was frozen. I unplugged my iPod and now it seems to be "stuck" between versions or something. All the screen is showing is the USB Cable w/ the arrow pointing to the iTunes symbol like when u very first get your iPod. I tried it on another computer and it said something about my iPod is in a recovery mode and it also says that on my computer now when I plugged.

I don't want to have to reset my ipod back to factory setting because i will lose all my media so does anyone know how I can get my ipod back? I really appreciate any help, and am hoping that I can avoid losing everything. Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    anyone have any ideas?
  4. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

You can TRY using a tool like ZiPhone to enter normal mode, but because you began to restore it might not work. Just go ahead and restore, it's not a bit deal.
  5. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    if u restore do u lose all media? and if so is there a way to recover it?
  6. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

Of course there's a way to recover it, just resync. Restoring means the data is wiped, but that's from your iPod, not computer.

Restoring is really harmless, it's a good way to get things fresh.
  7. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I don't have all the media on my computer, it was all on the one I used at college and I won't have access to that anymore...thanks for the help tho man

What exactly is ziphone newayz?
  8. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

First of all, newayz is not really a good abbreviation at all.

Second of all, ZiPhone is a generally good tool to jailbreak 1.1.4. You plug in your iPod, click a button, and it adds in Installer.

And about that college computer, damn. I think this guide could help you out, though, you'll have to be careful to follow directions to a T.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20123

I wish you success with everything.
  9. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I have Total Commander w/ Tpot now and when I click on Tpot, under My Network Places, the hourglass comes up but htne it does nothing?

When I have total commander up, do I select the d: drive or do I select Tpot?
  10. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

Try both; I have no experience with that program.