IPod Touch Album Sorting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by grimmysnr, Jun 12, 2010.

1. grimmysnr

grimmysnr New Member

I have a new Ipod Touch and when I try to listen to music it sorts everything alphabetically. If I switch to Genre and then Artist or Album all the albums are sorted and then later played in alphabetical order. On the right side there is a search bar that you can touch to go to a letter. I want my touch to act the same as my Ipod Classic and Nano where albums and artist are sorted however I put them in Itunes.

How do I get this alphabetical sorting search feature thing to go away and play my music how I have it set up?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You mean by a playlist? Create one in iTunes and sync it over to your iPod.
  3. grimmysnr

grimmysnr New Member

No I have playlists for certain albums. I am talking about when you enter Music and go to Genre and then select your music Genre everything is sorted alphabetically. On my other Ipods everything is sorted as they are by albums. So if I select an album the songs are played in order of the Albums. For example:

Albums X, Y, and Z are listed under an artist. I select "All Songs" which shows all songs for all Albums. On my Nano or Classic the songs are in order of the Album. First songs that get played are from album X then Album Y is played. So on and so forth. On the touch X, Y, and Z are combined and sorted alphabetically. So say I want to listen to this artists discography but say I really like album X more than the others and want to hear it first in its entirety before the other albums. How do I do this?