Ipod Touch Alarm doesn't sound

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by origami, Sep 18, 2007.

1. origami

origami New Member

I could hear it through the earphones but not through the speaker (the built in one that makes the beeping sounds and clicking sounds.) I was able to hear it after I restore the Ipod Touch to its manufacturer's settings in iTunes, but after I put in my music and pictures and a video the sound was gone again. Anyone knows how to fix this problem?
  2. the_raider

the_raider New Member

Go to settings, general, sound effects, both.
  3. deeray

deeray New Member

I'm having the same problem. The speaker works when I'm sampling the different alarms but it does not sound when I actually set the alarm --even though the settings are set to "Both"
  4. pballa2099

pballa2099 New Member

hmm maybe apple messed up again and it will probably be fixed with a software update
  5. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

it is not designed to have actual sounds be sent through the beeper speaker.. i dont think.

will find out in ONE MINUTE

mine does not play the sound either, it just says ALARM with a snooze button, and the device wakes from sleep, but no sound

Apple can't do anything right it appears
    Xerox likes this.
  6. pballa2099

pballa2099 New Member

they shouldn't of rushed the release...
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i know, between the missing anti reflictive coating on the screen, and all the software glitches, they aught to have a recall for these iPoTs.
  8. freudianslipper

freudianslipper New Member

well it was working yesterday, but it appears I have the same problem. I'm pretty sure I didn't have my sound settings set to "both" when it was working though. That wouldn't make sense anyway, I don't want to hear the keyboard click but if I have an alarm set I would like to hear it.

I'm sure this will get fixed soon, in the meantime I just won't use it as my alarm clock

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

same deal, i get keyboard clicks through headhpones, even though setting is set to Both.

also, when previewing the sounds for the alarm prior to setting it, they sound as they should through the built in beeper.
  10. pballa2099

pballa2099 New Member

im not really sure if theres gonna be a update until past the 28th. i have a feeling im wrong but apple reps on the phone are still saying they wont be released to the 28th.. hmm