Ipod Touch actually bricked

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mobone, Sep 8, 2009.

1. mobone

mobone New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tried jailbreaking, wouldnt reboot when the pineapple was done. Computer wouldn't recognize device after being plugged in. Tried putting it into DFU mode at least a hundred times, all the different methods. So I had the bright idea to open it up to disconnect the battery. Course the battery is soldiered onto the mainboard. So I put it all back together, plugged it in, and now my computer doesn't even recognize something was connected.
    This thing is by definition, dead.
    I also cracked the screen in the process.

So my question is! Do you think if I replaced the glass screen and brought it into Apple they would know or if I just went on about some story about my battery dieing with minutes they'd just replace it. Do you think they'd ever find out down the road and hunt me down?

Thanks
  2. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i would say................ when the comp said device not recognized u should have put it in DFU correctly and restored, whereas about apple i have no clue.

i say this as this has happenned to me
  3. iTouchCast

iTouchCast New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

don't wory they won't hunt you don't or somethin'

Please Register or Log in to view images

but why didn't you delete the iPod via settings, that could've worked :S
  4. mobone

mobone New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The fact that when put into DFU mode nothing appears on the screen is about the worst user interface I've ever seen on an electronic device. I tried literally hundreds of times to put it in DFU mode but it kept saying unrecognized, and itunes couldnt connect.

Delete the ipod via settings? Settings where? Itunes doesnt see that an ipod is plugged in and the ipod wont turn on.

So you guys think I should bring it in an just claim ignorance? my first ipod touch had a battery that its lifespan was getting shorter and shorter until it actually wouldn't turn on anymore. I think i'm going to use that same story this time. Yea or nae?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok! i somehow got it to work! Well not exactly. I tried one last time to put it into DFU mode and windows made the duh duh sound! Device unrecognized. What should I do now. Its plugged in and itunes cant find it.
  5. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hey. I've had the same problem. Make SURE that you reset your PC. When you run redsn0w it force quits all itunes services, including ipod service sometimes. Make sure you reset your PC.
  6. mobone

mobone New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When I put it into dfu mode it makes a strange sound on vista. I looked it up and its the failed to connect to device sound. Its three very low mhz 'duh's. Ill try reset but i can see the services needed are running. But ill try it anyway.
  7. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it doesn't matter if the services are running. Just reset and try again.
  8. mobone

mobone New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well the good news is the ipod is back alive and is currently being restored by itunes. The bad news is that after restarting my computer the keyboard and mouse and.. all my usb ports no longer work. So i need to look into that. But I plugged the ipod into my laptop and we are restoring. Thanks guys.

Another ipod goes into the history books as being unbrickable.

Think I should try to jailbreak it again?? What is this stuff about 2nd gen ipod touches need to be teathered to be restarted after being jailbroke? I think I'm confused. Is there anything I need to do after the pineapple gets done doing its thing and is about to reboot? Cause when my was about to reboot nothing ever happened.
    Thanks again.
  9. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do you have libUSB installed? It usually makes that kinds of things.And no the redsn0w jb is untethered. After you get in DFU and press next on redsn0w you just wait until it will boot. Don't mind what it does. It will reboot a couple of times.
  10. mobone

mobone New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No libUSB isnt installed. I dont know what to do! I booted into safe mode and still my USBs dont work. im going to try to plug the ipod in once its done being reset and hope it just fixes it.

I'd say this is the worst thing to go wrong with a computer, as there is no way to fix a computer without a way of inputing to the computer. Keys work up untill vista starts to load. USB is all enabled in the BIOS
    Apparently! libUSB is installed. Should I just remove it or what. It's doing mean things to my computer. I cant even look at my control panel. And my audio and ethernet is gone.
    Well im gonna have to reinstall windows. Yay. It's not so bad, I'm going to throw win7 RC on it and then when 7 comes out next month I'll just have to upgrade it.