iPod touch actually bricked ? :O

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GazaIan, Aug 24, 2010.

1. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Now I know with DFU and Recovery, there's no such thing as a bricked iPod, but I think I may have accomplished the impossible.

In this post, I'm dealing with my bipolar iPod touch 2G [ And its an MB Model, 24kpwn FTW

Please Register or Log in to view images

]

First off, my iPod touch won't boot unless its plugged in to a computer. Untethered, all it will do is light the backlight with a black screen, then shut off.

Getting into recovery: to get into recovery, I hold the home button and plug in the cable while the home button is held down. iPod touch turns on [ it starts with a weird yellow screen*, what the hell is it ? ] then the bootlogo, the Recovery. Sadly, it only stays in recovery for about an eighth of a second before abruptly shutting down.

Booting iOS : if i just plug in iPod touch, iOS will begin booting. first the ugly yellow screen, then the bootlogo, then Verbose text* [ yes, its jailbroken, BUT there's a flip to it. look for the asterisks at the bottom corresponding to where it is in the post ]. During the Verbose text, everything seems to be going just fine... then POOF ! iPod abruptly shuts down, barely without any warning.

DFU Mode : I just dont know. When restoring to an official firmware, i get iTunes error 3194. When restoring to a custom firmware [ Sn0wbreeze created 3.1.2 ] i get error 1601. attempting to update to iOS 4.0.2 from this current madness, iTunes error 21. DFU is getting me nowhere.

* : Here's the quick story. i used to have a fully working iOS 4.0, other than WiFi and Bluetooth, they never worked, they were grayed out in settings. Since my other iPod already has iOS 4, i decided to downgrade it to 3.1.2. i havent used my iPod in about 4 days. i turned on iPod today for the first time in about 4 days, and I was presented with a yellow screen. It was a "WTF? moment" for me. [ Video coming, i recorded one earlier today ]. Then i saw the Apple logo. I was relieved. then i watched the beautiful [not really] Verbose text on screen. I noticed some of the strangest errors, hell, some ive only seen on my HP Pavilion running OS X [ thats the cleanest way i can put it ]. Then, iPod decided to restart. it kept doing this over and over. Just when i decided to make a clearer video, iOS booted successfully. So, from here, i put iPod touch into DFU mode and attempt to restore, only to learn that this iPod is not eligible for the requested build. Which is weird, because i thought that was only restricted to MC Models, not MB. So i attempted to restore using a custom firmware. Error 1601. Then i decided to use Recovery mode instead. it Worked, but it stopped at the end, from there, iTunes said "Restoring iPod software..." with the sexy green Aero symbol running slow across the progress bar... So, i did the deadly. i unplugged iPod. instead of iPod immediately showing the recovery logo like it should, nothing happened. i reset the iPod, and whaddaya know, iOS begins booting. BUT ! there was a bucketload of errors. eventually i got to the Activation screen, where it said connect to iTunes. BUT ! AGAIN ! iTunes gives me error -9808 [ or something beginning with a -9 along with 3 more digits, an 8 being one of them ], and says "Your iTunes store request could not be completed at this time." So now, iPod randomly dozes off, reboots, and just keeps rebooting abruptly. So now I'm here. Well not here just for help, I'm here to help too

Please Register or Log in to view images

but really what the hell is going on ? Any Suggestions ?

Video One : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPYqMapm0WQ

Video Two : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YweO-tdbr2c
  2. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ok, it CANT get bricked software wise, but hardware wise, it can go beyond 'bricked'...

are you sure you havent dropped it or anything?

by the errors it looks like a faulty dock, try blowing on it REAL HARD
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i just lol'ed at the asterisks part!
  3. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

omg your avatar is sick
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Have you tried 3.1.3 or 3.1? It might JUST work?

I have the avatar on instructables.com, you can check my name is knex_mepalm
  5. dydo

dydo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The yellow screen is supposed to be the battery charging screen but for some reason in 4.0, it turned into a yellow screen (glitch?).
    I'm pretty sure your battery is dead as in it won't recharge or do anything. Should take it to the apple store. Also, the Wifi and Bluetooth being grayed out means that the hardware for them is dead which looks to me like your iPod is in a very bad condition.
  6. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

^ i need a program to edit a .gif so this doesnt happen its irritating
  7. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    charge on a power point..try that
  8. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I've dropped it several times. ive dropped it to the point where it began overheating and shutting down on its own. Suddenly it decided to work great [ except for the area where the letter A is on the touchscreen, that is irresponsive. ] WiFi and bluetooth appear as No WiFi and Unavailable respectively. other than that, iOS 4 was running perfectly.

as for those asterisks, that situation is one of the many strange things that happen with me and technology. you ever got a blue screen of death in vista, where the promblem was caused by a file named "I_DONT_LIKE_YOU" ? its happened..

I'll try 3.1.3, but I doubt it will work, I only have DFU mode to play with [ unless RecBoot can kick iPod into recovery mode fast enough ].. Remember, All i have is DFU :-/

btw to all, im uploading the videos now
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I was thinking about doing that too.. im not dealing with it any more for the night, ill wait until the afternoon, right now i wanna upload these vids and work on this Android theme I'm trying to build