iPod Touch a Orb Streaming

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by minority, Oct 15, 2007.

1. minority

minority New Member

I was wondering if anyone else has tired to stream files using orb to their iPod Touch. They claim on their site that if you have the files pre-encoded to the mp4 or m4v file types you should be able to stream the media no problem. I have tried this and I can stream, but only for about 5seconds before it stops and I have to wait for a bit then hit the play again and get another 5-10secs

I have a 786Kbs upload speed connection and streaming on my computer works fine so I am not sure what settings I could use to fix this.
  2. skyfreedom

skyfreedom New Member

I currently use Orb to stream my Sirius satellite radio. It works awesome, no interruptions.
    I also use Dot.Tunes to stream my itunes library.
  3. minority

minority New Member

yeah I can see audio not having an issue I'm just trying to get video to work and not give me an issue.

EDIT: mainly I guess I may just need to re-encode them again to something that is better for streaming.
  4. minority

minority New Member

I am using telekinesis on my mac now and this is making it a lot better now I am getting about 10mins or instead of 10secs. Would still like to eliminate it more tho.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I also use orb to stream my Sirius.