ipod touch 8gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dazz22, Apr 12, 2009.

1. dazz22

dazz22 New Member

Hi there im new to this my stepson has an ipod touch 8gig he has some games on there that will not load i presume free ones im not sure about this jailbreak thing or version all i know its 8gig and was bought in december last year for xmas what will the jailbreak let him do for it we cant play games it shows on there like bowling or others and i dont have it reg yet because i dont want to buy anything from itunes any help on this im a noob at this

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    By december of last year you mean december 2008 or 2007?

Does it have a volume rocker (external buttons of on the side?) if so, it is a 2g, if not, it is a 1g

What do you mean the games wont load? is it that they go into the game and freezes or does it just take you back to the home screen?

I dont really understand your question?

Jailbreaking your ipod will allow you to customize it with themes and such, it also lets you use emulators for like NES and GBA.
  3. dazz22

dazz22 New Member

it has a button on left hand side to turn volume up and down and little button on top some games that show loading screen comes up then goes back to home screen i tried to install wwe legends but wont work at all syncing so any ideas what jailbreak i could use and how to get these games to work that say free install but require user name password thing
  4. dualBang

dualBang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, you need an apple ID to download stuff (Even free stuff) from the app store etc
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • Go to Settings -> General -> About -> Version -- tell us what version number you see
    • Look at the icons. Can you see any of these: Cydia, Icy, Installer? If so tell us which ones you see.
    • Is there a rocker volume switch on the side? If yes it's a 2G, if no it's a 1G. Let us know which one it is.
    • Ask your stepson where he installed the games from? Tell us where.

Then we can begin to help.

Also if you can try and use punctuation it would make it easier to read your posts. I'm out of breath reading the one above

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks

p.s. you can set up an iTunes account without putting in credit card details. Though you will only be able to download free apps. You cannot use teh App Store without an account.
  6. dazz22

dazz22 New Member

Ok Typing is pity poor ,,, lol
    settings is Version 2.11 95F138]

there is a voloume button on the side of it

The games i think were alreading showing on there just says install free but asks for name and password when going to install

No Cydia, Icy On it at all
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

ok, open iTunes from your computer. select iTunes store from the left menu. in the iTunes, store, there is a box on the lefthand side. select App Store. now download any free app. it will ask you for a user and pass. select Create an Account. now just go through all the registration (no credit card required, for the payment, just select None). after registration is complete, you can use that username and pass on the iPod to download free games and apps.

hope that helps.
  8. dazz22

dazz22 New Member

thanks will have a bash later still intrested in this jailbreak thing though