ipod touch 8gb running veeery slow after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dougan, Aug 6, 2008.

1. dougan

dougan New Member

OK, just got my ipod touch today. It's an 8gb and I've been playing with it for the past few hours but whenever I jailbreak it everything runs way too slow and apps freeze immediately after opening. When that happens I can only use the ipod again after it goes back to locked up and I unlock it again.

I've broken it with ziphone 3.0 and iliberty+ to no avail. It runs fine when I restore it, it runs fine with a full HDD full of music (and unbroken), but when jailbroken and empty, it runs slow. Is it a problem with the firmware (tried it on both 1.1.4 and 1.1.5)? Or could it be something else? I've jailbroken and restored it four times now and it's still achingly slow.
  2. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Try freeing up some space by downloading BossTool and then it should be faster.
  3. dougan

dougan New Member

Ok, I went back and re-restored and used just Cydia and everything's peachy now. For some reason still can't add sources in Cydia (I thought they added that feature?) but at least the ipod is functional now. Thanks for the help though.