iOS 4.0 iPod Touch 8GB MC W/ Multi-tasking, ect. thoughts

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JacobVengeance, Jul 10, 2010.

1. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    iPod Touch 8GB MC or lower W/ Multi-tasking, ect. thoughts

Well I know I posted a lot prior to iOS 4 jailbreak about multi-tasking killing battery and all that, but i had the time to test it.

First off, homescreen wallpapers work perfect for me. I still don't know why Apple did not include them, but oh well.

Secondly, Mutli-tasking does lower my battery a little faster running only Textfree, Twitter, and Safari. I am yet to put it to a full test, but I will be updating this post as time goes on.

Third, Changing the default background for multi-tasking and Folders helps you get into the feel of the new iOS, so I like being able to do that. Here is a good guide for that --->Click here<---

How do you other 8GB MC or lower users feel about these? (for those who have enabled them)
  2. Applefan0213

Applefan0213 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't have the MC 8GB touch, I have instead the older non-MC (MB) 8GB touch. Both however have the same main hardware, so I feel my opinion here is still valid.

Homescreen wallpapers work perfectly for me.

I believe the multitasking is reducing my battery life, since I find it dying faster than with 3.1.2. However, the apps that take full advantage of iOS 4's multitasking (Apple's own included apps, along with Wikipanion+ 1.6.1, Facebook 3.1.4, IM+ 4.2.1) work smoothly with the older iPod touch 2nd gen hardware.

As a side note, I installed iMemory Enhancer from Gumball Tech to give my iPod touch more free memory. I once got up to 88MB of free memory after using the free memory feature on SBSettings. I believe this increases my multitasking performance a bit.

Overall, I am satisfied with enabling the previously-disabled features on my 8GB touch. The performance is adequate, so I bet Apple only disabled them to sell more newer hardware.
  3. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    UPDATE: I think that multi-tasing should never be enabled on the devices that didn't get, but home screen wallpapers is good and doesn't change much.