iOS 4.0 Ipod touch 8gb MC IOS 4 problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Wouter1992, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Wouter1992

Wouter1992 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well i got a 8gb MC running 3.1.3 (Jailbroken with spirit)

Now i wanted to update to IOS 4 (I don't care i lose JB)

Well i tried to do it the normal way, i connect ipod to cable, itunes asks for update, its updating
    Well the reserve copy thing realy took a long time to get at even like 1 % so i disconected (device was working fine after that)

Then i hit the restore button in itunes and IOS 4 started to install.

After about 5 min error 37 comes up in itunes saying that there was an error upgrading. Then i was left with an non working device (windows showed unknown device in system manager)

I tried DFU and it worked fine so i tried to restore back to 3.1.3 but now after its done restoring im stuck in a recovery loop (restore,recovery restore,recovery) and i can't get it out.

I hope someone can help me with getting it out of the recovery loop and getting it to boot.

EDIT: I tried to restore back to 3.1.2 but now it doesnt work at all anymore not even DFU? Please help me.

EDIT2: Ok after restart DFU worked again (lucky) now i installed itunes 9.03 and restoring with 3.1.2 hope that works.

EDIT3: YES! ipod works again running 3.1.2 now im going to upgrade to 4.0 hopefully that works

For anyone having the same problems DELETE itunes 9.2 and install a older version (i used 9.03)
  2. deandra10

deandra10 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't mean to get into this, but where did you get the 3.1.2 download from?
    Because I upgraded my iPod 8GB g3 to iOS4 and I want it back to normal, and I tried to restore it back to 3.1.3 and it didn't work, so you can tell me the download to 3.1.2, my computer is Windows 7.

Thank you!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Cito

Cito Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    just to toss in "just in case"

make sure you have itunes 9.2 when working with ios 4
  4. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)