iPod Touch 8gb 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by guywhatever, Oct 12, 2009.

1. guywhatever

guywhatever New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, so I've been reading around on how to jailbreak an iPod Touch 3G.. Everyone keeps talking about the 32 and 64gb models but not the 8gb model... So I just thought I'd ask if it's possible to jailbreak the 8gb version of the iPod Touch 3G? And if so, is it with blackrain? Thanks for any help.
  2. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    As of right now the 8GB 3rd Gen iPod touch is not jailbreakable...I REPEAT UNJAILBREAKABLE...just had to get that out of my system so I can tell people...but not in a bad way =P
  3. guywhatever

guywhatever New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow really... Even with the firmware update? Well it sure is a good thing I can't get a hold of mine until Christmas anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

Maybe by then it'll be jailbreakable..
  4. zoiter123

zoiter123 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmmm

By then Greenpois0n will almost definately be out, Im thinking since blackrain got released so quick then it might not be too long till Greenpois0n is out.

They said they will try to make it compatible with IPT3G 8GB although they dont have one (=/). but anyway, im sure someone will JB it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ih8-3.1.1

ih8-3.1.1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I must say I was quite ecstatic (hic) when balckra1n was released, but then many restores and trying numerous methods to get my ipt3g (MC version) 8GB to reboot from DFU later - unsuccessful! Ahh well...... wait for RC2 or greenpois0n.
    I still dont understand why so many ppl rant and rave about threatening to do this and that to these guy's because they dont release jb methods quick enough for them!
    Patience is a virtue...................
    "If you wait, it will come!"
    cheers!
  6. Plowie2

Plowie2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Chronic Dev is still trying to get the iPod touch 3G fully jailbroken. I wouldn't expect them to finish for a while. They have to find a new exploit I think.